Wednesday, October 8, 2008

even though it has been a BLASTED week...


You know when you get to the point, that you are ready to start a different week--I am at that point and it is only Wednesday. So, basically, I am tired of this BLASTED week!!! It has had me in tears and I am so tired of it...Let me recount the past few days...and remember it is only Wednesday!!!

Monday....I woke up with a BLASTED headache. I had it all day Sunday and I guess, it wanted to be my friend all day Monday, too. I had to pick up the mail from the Post Office for work--the guy that hands the mail to me at the Post Office was in a not-very-nice mood-that almost brought me to tears. Be mindful--I am tired and have a headache.

Lunch time arrived and I was so excited to eat my lunch (and take more headache meds)...I went to the freezer at work and could not believe my eyes...someone had stole my lunch. I was mortified!!! Why would someone do such a thing!!! Oh, I was upset!!! A tired and hungry Michelle with a headache is not at all fun!!! I could not believe it. So, that added another thing to my BLASTED day. But, oh, Seth saved the day with a taco from Del Taco (maybe he was saving the gang from me!!!) Thanks Seth!! He redeemed some points for the human species!!

Then, later in the afternoon, I noticed that I had missed a phone call from a friend. So, I hurried and called him back. This is how the phone call went:
"Hey, this is Michelle. Sorry that I missed your call." (me talking in a somewhat cheerful voice)
Dead silence. I wait for a few seconds. Then, he (my friend) responds in a very somber voice:
"We received some bad news. (Mentioning his wife by name) cancer is back."
"What?" Then, quite a few sobs.
I respond, "What can I do? I am calling her name into the temple right now."
He responds, "Please pray for her."
I hung up the phone and could not believe what I had just heard. WHAT?? This can not be happening!!

My friend was diagnosed with Lung cancer (the non-smoking kind) 3 years ago. She went through Chemo and Radiation and literally, battled herself through this horrible procedure. But, she finished here treatment and has been in remission for the past 2 years. Now that horrific disease is back--in her lung, pleura, lymph nodes and in her abdomen. The doctor told her that she has a year to live if she goes through the treatment of Chemo and Radiation again. I hate this BLASTED week.

That night, I went to my parents home and curled up on the sofa next to my Mom. I am glad that I live so close to be able to feel the secure of my parents. Thanks Mom for letting me curl up next to you!!

My thoughts this week have not gone far from this little family. I know that there are thousands of people praying in their behalf this week. I know this because her name and the names of her family are on the altars of the temple. How grateful I am to know the Plan of Salvation, to know the power of prayer and to belong to such a wonderful gospel.

As my thoughts still linger with my friend's family, thoughts turn to a dear client that I have known for many years. As I stepped into my bosses office this afternoon, I was told that this sweet client was just diagnosed with Lymphoma. What? I hate this BLASTED week!!! You know, it is difficult to try and be strong when all you want to do is sit down and cry!!!

Shortly after going back to my desk from hearing this yucky news, I hear of some more news that brings the tears flowing. I REALLY HATE THIS BLASTED WEEK!!! I sat at my desk--trying to control tears and was not doing such a great job of it. Thank goodness everyone was gone by this point. I walked out of work with tears running down my face (and I am sure lines of mascara were everywhere) and felt the warmth of the sunshine. Do you know what? I am grateful for the sun and it's warmth. I was trying to get in control--I had a class to teach within minutes of arriving home. I was dreading the fact that I had to teach a card class tonight. I knew that I was not in the mood or the right mind to do so. I had thought about cancelling--but, I felt that I needed to teach!!!

I am so grateful that I did!!! The girls that are in my monthly card class are great!!! At first, I shared with them my yucky week...we shed tears and then, for the rest of the night we laughed and laughed. They are great!!! They are definitely a ray of sunshine in my life!!! I am so blessed to have great people in my life!!!

As I am sitting here at my computer, I look at these past few days and realize that no matter what life brings--we can find the positive side to it if we try hard to find it. I am indeed grateful for my wonderful friends who brought a lot of laughter in my life tonight. It is exactly what I needed. Now, as I look at the beginning of the week when my lunch was stolen--I can say "at least someone received a warm delicious meal". HA HA!!!



P.S. Even though it has been a blasted week...I know that I am grateful for my family, friends and loved ones!!!

6 comments:

¡Vieve! said...

This has been a blasted week! I hope these last few days of it aren't horrible-you could use a great day!

Birgitta said...

I'm sorry to hear it's been a horrible week. I have been battling sickness(with my kids and myself) on top of sickness here at my house. I want to feel the ray of sunshine on my face. That sounds nice.

Jess said...

It seems life always spills it all at once not just a little at a time. I am grateful that we have such a wonderful family. We are always there in time of need.

Maleen said...

I'm sorry your week has been so cruddy. I thought my week was a little off kilter, but it turns out I just needed a little perspective. Good news: The conference talks are online and you can listen to them. I already need to hear them again.

Ammie said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend and client. That does make for a blasted week by itself, Let alone all the other bad stuff. I'm glad you got to have some fun with your card friends. We all need shoulders to cry on. You can cry on mine anytime, You just have to come to Arizona.

Gerb said...

Did you find any anti-blasted treats on your porch?

You are SO loved!