Saturday, December 1, 2007

Festival of Trees

Each year, my Mom and I visit the Festival of Trees and each year, my niece's dance team performs at the Festival. This year, we awoke to SNOW!!! Yes, we have snow!!! Finally--the snow has arrived. But, I do not like to drive in the snow. You never know what the people around you are going to do and sometimes, you never know what your car might do. On the way to the Festival, there were only a few cars off the side of the freeway--going the wrong way. But, we made it safe and sound.

So, to the festival to watch K-Bug...
She is an amazing dancer and very talented!

Then, off to the trees....

This one was decorate by a family that we know. It is dedicated to their little 4 year old boy that passed away. He loved ducks and this was a fabulous tree full of ducks! What a wonderful tribute to him.

I found this tree. It was dedicated to all of the police officers in Utah. Since, I have a friend that is a police officer....this one is for you!!

These 3 trees were decorated by Chris--our quilt instructor. Her and her sisters decorated these trees and dedicated them to their father, sister and brother. WOW!!!

These were fabulous!!!

Of course there were lots and lots of beautiful trees. The stories behind these trees brought lots of tears, but what a wonderful and peaceful feeling.

I found this saying on one of the trees....

"What we love to do...we find time to do!"

We arrived home safely...driving 10 miles an hour on the free way was definitely not fun--but for the most part of the day...It was all in all fabulous!!! A great way to start the Christmas season!!!

5 comments:

Ker said...

Looks like fun. Who does your niece dance for- what studio?

¡Vieve! said...

Ok-don't laugh at me-but maybe I teared up a little at the little policemen tree. I don't even know why; its not like I know fallen policemen or anything, but it totally just touched me! I loved the Festival-and K-Bugs was so cute when she danced!

Maleen said...

Okay, so this is the first year I went. Do the trees have to be dedicated to deceased individuals? There seemed to be a theme? And how do you get to decorate one? Tell them that someone you know is going to die soon?

Gerb said...

I have never gone to the Festival of Trees but have always wanted to. Looks like a neat event! Thanks for taking pictures so I could enjoy some of it from home.

Chelle! said...

Ker--she dances for Chairsma Studios in Springville. Vieve--I, totally, understand--it was awesome!! Maleen, the trees are not always dedicated to those that have passed on. I noticed that there were a lot of trees that were decorated in behalf of someone that had spent time at Primary Children's Hospital. I am not sure if you know that for every tree, there is a write-up about it. You can ask the hostess and she will either read it to you or tell you about it. I remember decorating a tree in young women's. Next year, my family is decorating a tree in memory of my grandma. I can not wait!!