Monday, December 10, 2007

Christmas Traditions













Can you believe that it is only 15 more days until CHRISTMAS!!! I was talking on the phone today to a friend and was exclaiming how excited I am for Christmas!!! I just have the holidays. One thing that I love about the holidays is decorating, shopping, cooking, spending time with my family & friends, decorating, shopping, cooking, spending time with my family....and it just keeps on going on and on!!!


I visited a friend's blog the other day and she was sharing her favorite Christmas tradition. So, I started thinking of all our family Christmas traditions. Such traditions seem to connect the dots between families. I find myself incorporating those fun traditions in my own life. Isn't it great?!

Anyway, one of my favorite traditions is that every Christmas Eve, Mom, Dad and I put on our new Christmas pajamas. We then make hot chocolate. I snuggle in between Mom and Dad on the couch and we read the new Christmas release book from Deseret Book or Seagull book. (Oh, the book is read by my Dad). Amongst these books are A Christmas Dress for Ellen and Christmas Oranges. I can't wait to find out what book we get to read, this year. So, if you are in the neighborhood around 9:00 pm on Christmas Eve and you have nothing else to do....drop in for hot chocolate and a story. I know that you will enjoy it as much as me!!!

I still love doing this even though I am not a little girl anymore. It is my alone time with Mom and Dad and it is FANTASTIC!!! Thanks Mom and Dad for this fabulous tradition!! I look forward to each year.

I would love to hear what your favorite traditions are. Please share them with me!!

3 comments:

Gerb said...

Be careful, Michelle, I may take you up on the Christmas Eve offer! I guess I should be home, though. My favorite tradition is finding a Christmas story (chapter book) to read a little each night in December with the kids up until Christmas. My favorite so far was "Christmas Jars".

Maleen said...

We do the pajama thing too. In fact when my parents stopped doing it when I was a teenager and tried to switch to calendars instead, I was having none of it. My mom saw the light and now we are back to jammies. Of course I have to buy my own now, but I will make sure my girls have the memory.

¡Vieve! said...

I'm totally coming over on Christmas Eve! Since I am the last single one in the family (we both share this plight!) my Christmas Eve tradition is spending it alone. Watching a movie. With my dog. Eating cookie dough straight out of the package. Crying tears of shame.