Tuesday, December 18, 2007

a warm feeling...



Each year, for the past 5 years, we have had the privilege and the pleasant opportunity of helping a family in need. So, tonight, Mom, Shad, Jessica, Brylie and I went shopping for our Sub4Santa family. There is definitely something to it--the warmness that comes through your whole body--the spirit of giving. That special smile that seems to warm the cold weather outside. Oh, I just love this type of feeling!!


As we shopped and shopped, laughed and laughed and had a great time--we could not help thinking of this particular family's expression on Christmas morning. One thing is great--is thinking of the family that thought that there was no hope--only to find out--that there is still hope. This has been one of the most peaceful traditions that we have been able to create. Oh, I love this time of year. The time when people share with others.


Sometimes we run into people that are being scrooge's, but maybe they are struggling or going through difficult times--hopefully, they can figure out what brings happiness to them. Sometimes, it is just a smile or a cheerful hello. I just love Christmas--Christmas time is a time of giving. I do wish that people would have this kind of spirit all year long.

2 comments:

Maleen said...

How do you choose your family? Does the Bishop give ideas or do you just look around? I'm curious. And if you need to do more shopping, I could stand to buy a few more presents myself.

Gerb said...

I love doing stuff like this. Way to keep the REAL spirit of the season alive! You're my hero.