Saturday, December 22, 2007

The Christmas Card Competition!!!




Well, I have a huge secret and I would like to share it with whomever is reading this post. Each year, I secretly have a contest with my roommate. It really doesn't matter which roommate. The contest is with whomever I am living with at the time. This contest works because I am single and my mail comes to me in my name only. I have had this secret every year since my BYU days. I told one of my roommates about it one time and it backfired. So, since then, I have kept my secret to myself. It, definitely, works much better for me to SECRETLY WIN!!

The secret is a contest with whomever I am living with...it is all about Christmas Cards that we receive.

Side note: I love mail (snail mail)--oh, I do love email, too--I love letters, I love cards, and most of all I love receiving Christmas Cards.

So, I have a secret competition with whomever I live with to see who receives the MOST Christmas cards. I place each Christmas card on our refrigerator. One side is hers and the other side is MINE!!! This year was great!!! There is only 1 mail day left and I am winning the Christmas Card Competition. I am secretly screaming with delight inside.

Ok!! I know you are thinking that I am a tad bit bizarre--but sometimes, it feels good to win!!! Yes, I know that my current roommie does not have a clue--(she is not computer savvy--so needs for to be reading my blog), but I think that I can declare an official win!!! I am sad that she did not receive a lot, but I am ecstatic that I heard from a lot of friends. I do treasure my cards. I love to hear how everyone is doing. I love to see all the pictures-families are getting bigger and older!!! I love to read your letters!!! Isn't life just FABULOUS!! Thanks to all that sent me Christmas Cards this year (& secretly helped me become victorious!!! HA HA).
I received two more today--that had not made it on the refrigerator before I took this picture!! (They are on my desk at work!)


3 comments:

¡Vieve! said...

A competition without even letting the other know that you're competing? That sounds like something I would do! Good for you!

Maleen said...

That is really funny. There is nothing like a good healthy competition that only you know about. By the way, sorry we didn't do a card; do newsletters count?

Gerb said...

Look at me on your fridge! My life is complete.