Friday, December 14, 2007

3 lively girls & hairspray



It arrived...the big slumber party at my house. The slumber party has been in the works for quite sometime. On Monday, my niece called and said that this Friday was the day for the BIG SLUMBER PARTY at my house. The slumber party always consists of me and my niece-K-Bugs. But, this time another person was added--my 7 month old niece, Miss B. So, all the arrangements were made and planned out and now the big day has arrived!!!

K-Bugs had most of the night planned. First, we had dinner at the Panda Express--our most favorite place to eat when we are spending time together. Orange Chicken and Fried Rice for her and Orange Chicken, Kung-Pu Chicken and Chow Mien for me. I don't think that we ever waiver on what to order--it is always the same. Next, we dropped by the mall, then the grocery store and then, it was home to cuddle up and watch "Hairspray." I Had never watched this movie, but K-Bugs said that it is one of her favorites. OK, I must admit, I really liked this movie too. Miss B only made it through the opening credits before it was off to slumber land for her.


Anyway, while eating Orange Sherbet ice cream and watching the movie, K-Bugs and I had a great time laughing. There were so many funny parts. I can not believe that John Travolta pulled it off being a woman. It was great!!!


Then, it was off to slumber. But, "slumbering" was not what I would have called the night. Making sure that everyone was tucked in and warm through out the night was an adventure, especially when you are dealing with a 7-month old and an 11-year old. But, it was a lot of fun. I do look forward to the next time that we have a slumber party!!

3 comments:

Gerb said...

You are one of those aunts that everyone wants. What a fun night! I still haven't seen Hairspray but still want to sometime.

Ker said...

I want you to be my aunt-I LOVE Hairspray! Hey I need your email address so I can get you info on the retreat

Maleen said...

No kidding. Can you be my aunt too! Maybe we can have a big adopted aunt slumber party. I didn't have ANY aunts growing up. I have ONE that married in later but she lives too far away for us to bond properly (sniff). I've been missing out.