Monday, December 17, 2007

Candy Day at Mom's


Today was declared as "CANDY DAY" at Mom's. Every year, my mom, dad and I get together and make candy. I have been responsible for making the divinity each year. I can not even remember the year that I started making the divinity--but since then, I have been in charge of it. Dad has been in charge of making the fudge each year and Mom is usually washing all the dishes that we dirty. (There is usually A LOT!!!)--Sorry MOM!!!


Well, this year, it was just Mom and me!! Dad had to work, so I took over the fudge making. I think it turned out nicely for never making it before. Actually, it was scrumptious!!! The divinity was superb!!! The Oreo cookies (a new added treat for this year) were simply delicious!!! So, after 2 batches of divinity, 2 batches of fudge and 2 batches of Oreo cookies, we decided to call it a day!!!! OK, we weren't finished until we packaged up all the neighbor gifts. Who knows what might happen when Dad and Shad show up to eat the treats!!!

2 comments:

Maleen said...

I so wanted to have a baking day this year with my girls. Needless to say, i have not been feeling up to it. I actually hired someone to make my goodies. How is that for Christmas spirit. I know, I am lame.

Gerb said...

Once again, I am SO jealous. You have some great traditions in your family! The fudge looks fabulous, the Oreos look awesome and the divinity looks divine!