Thursday, December 20, 2007

1st Annual Progressive Dinner & the beginning of a fun tradition

Tonight was our Annual Progressive Dinner. Actually, it was our 1st Annual Progressive Dinner. I decided that it would be fun to have "the girls" hang out together. I had a list a mile long to invite, but with it being so close to the holidays, I decide to rethink my list. I think 100 girls in a room would be quite festive--don't you think? So, we only ended up with 9 this year: Mom, Jessica, Melanie, Vieve, Janille, Maleen, Julie, Kaylie and me!!! We had a delightful time!!!


Well, it started out at my house (Michelle's Party Palace), then we braved the horrific snowstorm toVieve's home for appetizers. She made the most delicious mini quiches. Such a yummy appetizer--she needs to share the recipe. Then, we braved the snowstorm and went to Mom's Christmas Palace--aka. The Gren Home and ate delicious salad, french bread and lasagne. Thanks Mom, Jessica and Julie for the delectable dinner. We shared our most embarrassing moments and laughed and laughed. I think that Maleen topped us all on that one and then a close second was Jessica. Okay, maybe Julie would be in the top running on that one too. Ask them, they just might share...

Dinner was over and so was the snowstorm. So, back to Michelle's Party Palace for Peppermint ice cream and mint cookies. We shared our favorite Christmas traditions and then we played the "gift game". Of course, it was lots and lots of fun!!! We all ended up with fabulous presents!!!


Then, it was off to take pictures....One...Two...Three...SMILE!!! Okay, it was kind of difficult trying to figure out how many seconds I had to run to get into position from the start of the timer!! I swear that it was different each time....

We could not stop giggling!!! Thanks for a wonderful night. I do believe that the 1st Annual Progressive Dinner was a HUGE success!!! I know that it will return again next year....I hope you can make it!!

3 comments:

¡Vieve! said...

I'm so glad my bum is crazy visible in all these pictures. Looks like I need to rethink my my poses next time! But what a fab night!

Maleen said...

It was so much fun. Thanks again for inviting me. I may have shared too many embarrassing moments (in Tyler's opinion) but now you all know way too much about me. I would blame it on someone spiking the sparkling cider, but I was the sad girl drinking water.

Gerb said...

So sad I couldn't come. Promise to invite me again next year!