Sunday, December 9, 2007

the little monkey




Tonight, I had the blessed opportunity of spending time with my little niece. She has the cutest smile and sweetest giggle. But, the funniest thing about her is she squishes her face up and makes this little monkey noise. I was singing, "Once there was a snowman" to her and she would squish her little face up and make the monkey sound and then she would giggle. It was hilarious. I am not sure who was having more fun--Miss B or me. We were having tons of fun until we had...two episodes of throwing up and two sets of clothes changing and a bout of screaming (the little monkey was the one screaming!!).
But, then I remembered my mom telling me that she sings to Miss B when she is upset. So, I started singing, "I am a child of God" and the screaming stopped. WOW!!! That was too cool. She just snuggled up and fell asleep (for about 15 minutes) but it was amazing to realize the power of music.
When she woke up, we snuggled together on the couch and watched a Christmas movie. She was not about to go to sleep, but it was fun cuddling with her. Like I have said before, she is the sweetest thing ever!!! I know that I was ready to turn in for the night when Miss B left. WOW!! I have a friend that is expecting her 9th...Gerb, how do you do it?!

1 comment:

Gerb said...

It takes a crazy woman who has loved kids since she can remember. Aren't babies precious?