Tuesday, November 27, 2007

...holidays...

Well, just to let you know, I am my Mother's Daughter!! What-you might ask? My mother is a fanatic when it comes to the holidays. Every room has a tree and is completely decorated.


"Every room? "


"YES!! Including the bathroom. "


As for me, I am definitely my mother's daughter. I love Christmas. It is one of my favorite holidays and I LOVE to decorate. I do not have a tree in every room, but I am getting closer. I know that when I own my own home, I will have acquired enough decorations to decorate every room in my home.

Anyway, one of my "most" favorite traditions is that I have been in charge of putting Mom's village together. She has hand-painted every house, market, church, and so on...that pertains to the village. I love taking each item out of their designated storage box and placing it somewhere in the village. The village is on top of snow and white lights.


(I had to turn the lights off to take a good picture).

You really can not see it, but it has a skating rink in the center of the village with ice skaters. There is an amazing church, school house, bank, stores,...and the list goes on. It is simply amazing. Okay, simple is not the word, it is AMAZING!!

This year, I found myself creating the village as I talked and acted out each item. My mother was busily decorating the tree in the living room--I am not sure she noticed that her daughter was going crazy. Okay, it brought back lots of memories (from a very long time ago) when I would play with my barbies in their AMAZING home. Yes, I had practically everything that had to do with barbies. Thank goodness that I was the only girl in the family--I think I would have hated to share my barbie dream home. HA HA!


...holidays...don't you just love them!!!

1 comment:

Maleen said...

Oh, me too. I was totally a Barbie girl. I finally sold them all to my sister when I was older and then she realized that it wasn't fun to play by herself. I felt a little bad about that.