Wednesday, November 21, 2007

the refrigerator and a tv

After an interesting and bizarre day at work (which should be an interesting "blog" all by itself), I arrived home around 7:00 pm eager to get my list of "to do" things out of the way-so, I could have the pleasure of scrapbooking on this Thanksgiving eve.

As I walked through the back door, I started to crave a glass of ice-cold milk. I could almost taste it before I even poured it into the glass. It has been over a week since I have had a glass of milk. So, I opened the refrigerator, took out the milk carton, poured me a large glass of ice-cold milk and started to drink. UGH!!! No, it was not sour--it was WARM!! I thought, "oh, how bizarre!" I opened the refrigerator again to feel the milk carton--it was warm. The orange juice was warm, the diet coke was warm--everything was warm. I opened the freezer--everything was thawed out. No more frozen Popsicles, no more frozen ice cream, the hamburger, the chicken--all thawed. So, a quick phone call to California (our landlords) and then a phone call to my dad and then it was off to do some refrigerator shopping.

Did you know that there are so many different kinds of refrigerators. There are the 3-door refrigerators, side by side, 1-door, the ones with water dispensers, the ones without, black, white, chrome ones, ones that monitor the temperature on the outside, and the ones that monitor the temperature from the inside. But, my most favorite one of all was the one with the television on the door. It was approximately 3500 dollars. Not too bad--for a refrigerator and a TV???

Well, after looking at the all different types of refrigerators, the one that was chosen will not arrive until next Thursday. Can you believe it? One week to wait for a refrigerator!!! Oh, I did not opt to purchase the one with the TV!! Even though it would have been a fun item to talk about. I can see the conversation now--

"why do you have your couch facing the refrigerator?"

"Oh, that is where I watch TV! See how cool the television is? The only problem is that we miss some of the best parts of the show-due to opening and closing the refrigerator."

Oh, how bizarre!!!

I keep craving that ice-cold glass of milk! What is a girl to do without a nice glass of ice-cold milk? So, as I ponder the event of refrigerator shopping, I am so thankful that Thanksgiving dinner is at Mom and Dad's home. Side note: they have 2 refrigerators--I think that my milk will be safe there!!!

Happy Thanksgiving eve!!

3 comments:

Maleen said...

Oh, I love ice cold milk! And it has to be cold. I watch Robyn drink her milk an hour after I put it on the table and it makes me gag. And I won't even start on expiration dates and how close to them you are allowed to get before the milk is tossed. I'm sorry you will be without a fridge. Maybe you should come eat dinner with us sometime next week when we are back in town.
Hope you enjoy the new fridge. I got to pick one for our house when we moved in and I have never regretted it. I love it.

Ker said...

Ughhhhhhh! There is nothing worse than warm milk! I am so sorry. I am not a milk drinker unless it is with chocolate. But hey you get a new fridge.

Cami said...

I HATE WARM MILK! It is so gross. I'm not a huge milk fan anyways, so if it is warm, you can bet it won't be going down my esophagus!

If you would like an ice cold glass of milk, come on over. We have plenty! (Even though I don't like it, my girls and hubby do!)