Saturday, November 17, 2007

Chicken noodle soup & popcicles

This past week has been the most bizarre week ever!!! I received a flu shot and on Monday, I hit rock bottom. I, literally, felt like my muscles were pulling away from my bones, I had a horrific horrible headache, congestion in my chest & lungs, a tremendous sore throat and a blasted cough and lots and lots of tears. So, yes, I hit rock bottom.

For 5 days straight, I slept, drank Theraflu, slept, and took Tylenol, and slept some more--then, of course, repeated all of that many many times. It was awful!!! My Mom kept wonderful tabs on me. She supplied me with plenty of meds and Popsicles. OH, how grateful I am for the man that created the Popsicles. He is one of my hero's. Plus, is my mom is definitely my hero for delivering that wonderful cold treat to me. She knew that when nothing else will slide down the throat, POPSICLES definitely will. Then, my sweet sister-in-law, Melissa, dropped by Thursday night with the most delicious chicken noodle soup. She is an amazing sister-in-law and friend. She is always doing kind things like this. How did she know that her near dead sister-in-law definitely needed a pick-me-up. With popsicles and chicken noodle soup, things are looking much better.

Friday evening, I decided to take a gander outside. I stood in my driveway and just was grateful for the new scenery. Did you know that it has been sunny all week? I did not!!! I do hope that you enjoyed the sunny weather and took complete advantage of it. I did not!! But, I am grateful for warm quilts, a bed, my pillow, a humidifier, Theraflu, Tylenol, Kleenexes, chicken noodle soup and Popsicles!!!

2 comments:

Maleen said...

I am soooooo glad to hear that you are doing better. Since you weren't at work all week, we were very afeared for you. The girls really missed you. I wanted to bring something by, but I don't even know what you like. Chicken Noodle Soup is a given I guess, but I would never have thought of popsicles. We usually drink gatorade around here.
I hope we have decent weather for a few more days so you can enjoy it, and we will try to stop by soon and see you. Keep feeling better, okay?

Deanne said...

Hi Michelle! I found you linked from Maleen's blog, and wanted to stop by and say 'hi'! I'm SO sorry for the week you had. It's such a shame you missed a week of nice weather, but it seems like it's holding up just for you! Thanks so much for coming to the boutique last week. It was so fun to get to know you. Maleen tells the truth when she says you are an amazing gal!