Monday, March 31, 2008

7 inches later....


For the past month or so, I have debating a HUGE idea. You know those kind of ideas that you think and think about, but are really unsure if you should do or should not do. So, you think and think about it some more. My SIL, Jessica, acted upon her idea last week. It ended up way cute!!

So, today, I acted upon my idea. I had an appointment after work with Rashelle. (Rashelle always has a different color of streak in her hear every time I go to her. It was BLUE today). She is the one that cuts my hair. Okay, she really only trims it. I get too nervous when my hair is cut more than an inch. Horrible memories come to mind. Nightmares...you get the point!!


But, today, I walked into her salon.

She said, "Are we doing a trim?"

I said, "No–let’s cut it."

Side note: I made a hair appointment for my Mom (at the same time). I needed moral support. About four weeks ago, I had about 3 inches taken off my hair. That was huge for me. So, today, was indeed a much bigger deal.

Rashelle did a double-take.

"What?"

"I want my hair cut."

"How short?"

"As short as yours–okay, maybe a little longer."

All she said was, "Yes!"

She washed & conditioned my hair.

We went to the chair and she stood behind me. It was so funny. She said, "Oh, I am so nervous." I replied, "You’re nervous, I am scared too death."

7 inches later...my hair is cut!!

I, absolutely, LOVE it. I walked out into the waiting room–where my mom and this random lady was sitting. They both exclaimed that they loved it. Do you know what? I do, too!!! I am glad that I went 7 inches shorter.

I was just thinking, 4 weeks ago, I went 3 inches shorter and now today..7 more inches--10 inches in one month. (That is probably the most daring thing I have done in quite awhile).


10 comments:

¡Vieve! said...

I can't believe you cut it! I can't wait to see it!

Gerb said...

Where is the picture of you with your new cut?

Wait a minute...is this an April Fools?

Ker said...

Yeah where is the photo? I am dying to see it! I hope to on Thursday night!

Cami said...

Are you (April) fooling us?

If not, I want to see a picture of your new do!

Maleen said...

People, I have seen the new do, and I can verify that it is absolutely FABULOUS!! I love it. I think it is foxy. I had no idea that you were worried to cut your hair, but I am so happy you found the courage. So cute.

Unknown said...

Well, where's the pic?!?! I'd love to see it, I'm sure it's way cute! You'll love how much less time you have to put into being attractive, it's wonderful! I just cut off over a foot of my hair, come to my blog & check it out!

Traci said...

I forgot to tell you last night... Love the hair cut! It's really super cute.

Deanne said...

Umm...pictures?

Deanne said...

Please? (sorry, that first comment was a little demanding)

OneBrilliantGirl said...

Yay! There's nothing better than a haircut that you love! You need to post some pics so we can see how cute it is. Also, just wanted to thank you for keeping in touch. Now that I am going to be more committed to blogging I'll do a better job if staying in touch with you. You're blog is so fun to read...you're such a great writer. Hope you have a great day!