Saturday, March 22, 2008

coloring Easter eggs

Being single is sometimes difficult when you are living in a family type world. One thing that is especially difficult is when it comes to holidays. Holidays are for families. They are not really the designed for the single people in the world. So, I think they are typically tough, but I am always grateful that I have a family that lives close by.

So, this Easter when families are gathering together to decorate Easter eggs and await for the Easter Bunny to drop on by, the single people are trying to keep their head above water. Sometimes it is easy and sometimes it is extremely difficult. As for my life, I am starting to really dread holidays.

BUT, I am grateful that I have family that tries to share in the "little kid type things" with me. My parents have been amazing with the whole holiday excitement. Plus, Shad & Jessica have always tried to include me in with their holiday festivities. This has helped the single one in the family bear holidays a little bit easier. Thanks!!

Anyway, last night, my Mom and Dad along with my brother & sister-in-law (Shad & Jessica) and with my darling niece-Brylie set out for some those "little kid type things".
After a delicious dinner at Cafe Rio, we headed to Mom & Dad's to start our Easter Festivities. The event was COLORING EASTER EGGS!!! We had all types of colors. We had markers, crayons, and plenty of color. We sponged the eggs--which created "Speckled" eggs. Those ended up pretty cool!

We tried to get Brylie excited about coloring eggs. Since, she is only 11 months old and she really did not really get the concept of what we were doing. Every time she saw an egg, she would cry. She had already been to an Easter party earlier in the day...maybe, she had too much excitement for one day. But, all in all we had lots of fun.

We ended up coloring 3 dozen eggs just for fun. No, the Easter Bunny does not gather these eggs to hide them...they are actually cracked, peeled and made into Mom's delicious homemade deviled eggs. So, before Mom made her delicious entree, I took a few pictures for memory sake.

Yes, I am a girly girl and all my eggs had to do with flowers, heart and such things like that...I do have to admit my favorite egg was the
one created by my goofy brother, Shad. It was too cool. I even made him pose for this picture with his egg....don't you think that they look like each other. I think it was a self-portrait-what do you think?




Thanks Mom, Dad, Shad, Jessica & Brylie for a delightful night!!!


2 comments:

Gerb said...

I'm glad you have a great family. It sounds like a fun time!

¡Vieve! said...

The egg done by Shad was so cool! You guys have too much creative blood in your family- I am jealous. :(