Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Friendship Fudge


On Sunday, we (our Stake Young Women Presidency) had the privilege of teaching one of the wards in our stake. It was great!! We were visiting them for Ward Conference and I thought it was great to be asked to teach. In fact, I love to teach. It is one of those things that I really love to do. I know, call me crazy--I will admit, I am crazy! Anyway, our topic was Friendship & Unity. I was asked to teach the first part--basically, I introduced the topic. I handed out bags of ingredients. Each bag was labeled with the words: Friendship, Teamwork, Prayer, Unity, Commitment, and Service.


We started out with the bag Friendship--it had powdered sugar in it. We talked about the importance of Friendship, having friends and being a friend. Then, we added prayer (cocoa) and as we went down the list of ingredients, we talked about the importance of each word--adding the ingredients to the bag. When we arrived at the last ingredient, we talked about Teamwork--how we all work as a team. Then, we took turns squeezing the bag. As each girl squeezed the bag, the ingredients mixed together. At the end, we had Friendship Fudge.


This is a lot of fun. I still remember using this as an object lesson for YCL training, last year. A member of the Stake Presidency was in attendance. He looked at the bag of ingredients and just knew that this would not turn into anything. He said that he felt bad that such a great lesson would go to waste. He was the last one to squeeze the bag--he was completely amazed that it worked. The bag of ingredients turned into DELICIOUS FUDGE!!! A side note: I knew that it would work--I tried it before I presented it.


Here is the recipe if you would like to try it on your own:


Friendship Fudge


Mix in a gallon ziplock bag:

4 cups powdered sugar

3 ounces of softened cream cheese

1/2 cup softened margarine

1/2 cup cocoa

1 tsp. vanilla

1/2 chopped nuts


Mix ingredients together by squeezing the bag and passing it around the group. When it is mixed together, roll into a log and slice and serve. (You may need extra powdered sugar or eat with spoons).


5 comments:

Gerb said...

This is good stuff, I can personally testify to that.

So, do you like to teach in nursery? Because you're welcome in our ward's munchkinland anytime!

P.S. Potato soup = any day now

julie said...

great object lesson, it takes us all to make things work out. the Lord knows us and wants us to work together. I will try the fudge, sounds good.

¡Vieve! said...

I want some fudge. Bring some in, yo.

Deanne said...

What a great, yummy idea!

Maleen said...

Yeah, I am thinking that I am in need of this kind of friendship right now.