Monday, March 24, 2008

when you get a migraine...go see Mom!

You know those days when you wake up and think it is going to be a good day and then, just minutes into the day, you are ready to climb back into bed and curl up with your blankets and pillows? Well, this was me today. I woke up, got ready for work, and then was hit with an awful MIGRAINE. I called into work and said that I would be late...climbed the stairs, crawled to my bathroom floor and tried to sleep on the cold tile floor. I knew if I would move at all, I would probably passed out. This was an awful one!! A couple of hours later, I crawled downstairs, retrieved a ice pack from the freezer and crawled back upstairs and curled in my bed for the next 4 or so hours. (Yes, literally, crawled) I do get migraines, but this one came on way too fast and hurt way too bad. I am not a doctor person...every time I go, it is either nothing is wrong or I end up having something horrible. So, I HATE going to the doctors. But, today, if the pain did not subside, I was going to go to the emergency room. The pain did subside. Thank goodness!!!

Anyway, I ended up going into work for a couple of hours and then, I headed over to Mom's for some TLC. I curled up on her couch with a blanket and with my head on a pillow on her lap, I fell asleep for a couple of more hours. Then, we had dinner and watched CSI:Miami--yep, still curled up on the couch right next to my Mom. Don't you think that I have the coolest Mom ever? Not a lot of Mom's would sit there for a couple of hours while their daughter (all grown-up) slept with her head on her lap. My Mom is my security. I am grateful that she is my Mom!! I don't think that I would have ever chosen a different Mom. She is truly a great person. I am grateful that we get a long so great. Don't get me wrong, we do have squabbles, but they don't last long. We love to shop, scrapbook, make cards, cook and laugh together. I am grateful that she is a huge part of my life.

Thanks Mom for that extra TLC today!!! I truly needed it!!!

4 comments:

Gerb said...

I love your mom because she loves you so much. What a blessing!

¡Vieve! said...

Aw...your mama loves you! If only mine felt the same way about me...

Traci said...

oh, I feel your pain! I'm glad it finally subsided!

Maleen said...

I love moms. Too bad mine lives so far away. But I think my sister needs her more right now anyway. Still, it sucks sometimes not to have a mom nearby when you need one.