Friday, March 21, 2008

the big "Crack-Off" event...

Since today is Good Friday, there were a lot of people out enjoying this lovely Spring weather that we have been having here in the state of Utah. But, the company that I work for does not observe Good Friday in the way that every other company observes it--we get to work. So, the geniuses in our Internet department have created a moment of fun. I am not sure how long this event has been going on, but I had the opportunity to participate in it this year. This event is known as the "Crack-Off".

There are a few guidelines that have to be observed if you are participating in the Crack-Off:

  1. your eggs have to be hard-boiled (in all actuality, it would be interesting to see raw eggs as an added event--ha ha)

  2. you can not add anything to the eggs that would help with the endurance of the shell

  3. your eggs need to be decorated


So, I boiled my eggs to the hard stage (I had to call into the office to find out how long to boil eggs--I think that I have only boiled eggs at my parents home under the supervision of my Mom). Then, I decorated them. I chose the black and white theme. What do you think?

So, at high noon, the Crack-Off began. I am not sure who is the creator of such event-but it was crazy fun. Two people go against each other. They stand at opposite ends of the table and at the count of 3, they roll one egg towards each other. When they smash into each other, the egg that does not crack wins and then, advances to the next round.

Well, Mr. Spots made it through the first round and had the pleasure of advancing to the next round. But, he did not make it through the second round. In fact, he died of a crushed shell. It was so sad!! Poor Vieve's egg died in the first round. She rolled it so hard that it exploded when it hit the other egg. There was blood (egg white juice could be called blood, couldn't it?) everywhere. I think that she should have gotten an award for the most brutally murdered egg.


5 comments:

Ker said...

I love the egg blood. That rocks. I love your eggs. I too just learned of the "Crack off" It was very fun!

¡Vieve! said...

You know, had they told me to roll it at a leisurely pace, I would have, and my egg would not have exploded. I maintain that the internet guys cheated.

Gerb said...

Crack Off, huh? I'll have to keep that in mind for our extended family party next year. It may bring a bit more excitement to the table...

Traci said...

that sounds fun, and your eggs were so cute!

Maleen said...

I have NEVER seen a throw like Vieve's and I have been cracking for years. Way to go!