Sunday, March 16, 2008

...I am so blessed!

Anyway, today before Sacrament meeting, one of my Laurels (at least she was one my Laurels when I was YW President), Mackenzie, walked in holding a guys hand. When I moved into the ward, I was called as Mia Maid Advisor and Kenzie was one of my Mia Maids. Then, when I was called as YW Presidnet, she became one of my Laurels. I was thinking about all the many different activities we did together. She is one of those amazing young women with whom I learned a lot from. I have watched her grow up.


After Sacrament Meeting, she stood up, turned around and came right over to me. She said, "Sister Gren, I have something to show you." She reaches toward me with her left hand. YES, she had a diamond on it. She then says, "I just had to come and show you first." It was great!! We screamed (in the most reverent way-hee hee) and hugged. Oh, what a great joy it is to have taught some one in Young Women's for so long and see that she has made such a wonderful and righteous choice. She shared with me all the details of his proposal to her. Oh, I am so excited for her. Her fiance then came up and she introduced me to him. It was great!!! But, let me share with you, it is one of those most amazing and gratifying feelings to know that the moments and dedication in being a young women's leader pays off when you see a young women make a righteous choice. Congratulations Mackenzie and THANKS for sharing this day with me.


So, tonight, I had just finished talking on the phone with my Mom when I heard the doorbell ring. I ran down the flight of stairs to get to the door. Since I had my bedroom door shut, I was not sure if that was the first ring or second ring or...you get it! When I opened the door, I was greeted by one of the most darling girl's ever. She brought a HUGE smile and a paper sack.

"HI!" She then hands me a paper sack...




I took the paper sack and it felt warm. At that moment, I knew what it was.... (oh, I got all excited for I knew that I was completely blessed).



Gerb's delicious potato soup!!!


Oh, my, let me tell you how fabulous this soup was! Gerb, you are simply amazing!! Thanks so much for sharing this yummy soup with me. PLUS, thanks for being the kind of friend that makes me feel so blessed and have warm fuzzies all over!! Also, Thanks Kenzie for your sweetness today and CONGRATULATIONS on your engagement!!


5 comments:

¡Vieve! said...

Aw....people love you so much to bring you soup! I can't even get people to bring me soup when I'm sick!

Maleen said...

So sad Vieve. I just don't know where you live...
Michelle, that sounds so awesome. Seeing girls grow up and potato soup. It's all so wonderful. I sure hope all my girls end up making those righteous choices.

Gerb said...

I promised, didn't I? And you are always deserving. Glad you enjoyed it!

P.S. That darling girl you mentioned was pretty excited to be mentioned on your blog.

Ker said...

wow! You deserve a good day! Some of my favorite times were when I was a YW leader. Alot of my YW are grown and married. There is nothing better than seeing them make great choices, and being able to watch them as they marry in the temple. Congrats on a job well done.

julie said...

how kind to be remembered, both with a soup and an engagement. each in its own way shows caring for others. as we serve each other it shows how much the Lord loves us by giving us each other.