Wednesday, March 5, 2008

I do have a thing for Fire Engines....

Ker challenged us to share an embarrassing moment. I get embarrassed a lot. So, I had to really think about one that stood out in my mind. Whenever anyone asks me about my most embarrassing moment, I would have to say–my clothes falling off. But, I have one that is pretty close to that one..


This happened one particular Friday. I need to give a bit of detail so, that you might understand where my brain was–or lack there of.


I had arrived home after a yucky day at work. It was long and at the time, I was working with a lady that her goal in life was to make everyone’s life a living hell. The message light was blinking on our home phone. I clicked the button and for the next 2 minutes, the guy that I was so much in love with was breaking up with me on my home phone. I was completely devastated. First, I could not believe that he was breaking up with me. Second, I could not believe that he left a message on my home phone–he wanted all my roommates to know that he was through and now available again. It was awful. So, being a girl with a sensitive heart and instant tears–you can just imagine what it was like.


My roommates, after telling me several times that I am better off without him, decided to try and salvage my night and my heart (and my life–which I knew was falling completely apart). They called our friend, Jennifer. Jennifer, then, arranged for several friends to get together at her home for dinner and games. After quite a long time of convincing me that I needed to go, I found myself at Jen’s. As I walked in, there were some totally adorable and gorgeous guys along with some of our friends from the ward. Dinner was nice–I do have to admit–a lot of fun.


Ok, my friends were trying extremely hard to have me think of things other than that voice mail that I had received earlier in the day. When all of a sudden, one of the (might I add-GORGEOUS) guys started telling a story. In the middle of the story, he says "Fire Engine". I have to admit I was not listening to his story, but when he said "Fire Engine", I made this VERY LOUD Fire Engine sound. When I realized that this sound came from me...EVERYONE was staring at me. I was mortified. I could not believe what I just did. Thank goodness for wonderful roommates–they just burst out laughing and which seemed a zillion years passed–others started laughing, too!! Dying of humiliation, I retreated to the bathroom where I just burst out into tears. It was quite awhile before I dared step out into the room–to face everyone especially those guys.



For a long time, every time I ran into those guys, they would ask me how my Fire Engine sound was coming along. HOW EMBARRASSING!!!

Just an added thought...maybe I do have a thing for Fire Engines.....


(another exerpt from my journal)

8 comments:

¡Vieve! said...

Wow, your friends in that picture are really good looking! And please please please do that fire engine sound for me. I'm dying to hear it.

Ker said...

I cant wait to hear the fire engine sound tonight!

I just love you! You make laugh so stinking hard!

Gerb said...

Oh, Michelle - you make me laugh! Can I request the fire engine sound at card club to get us started off right?

Maleen said...

That is sooooo funny. Who just randomly breaks into a fire engine sound? You must have been in a 'happy place'. I know lots of people that adore fire engines, not to mention the fire fighters...

Unknown said...

Michelle-

i LOVE reading your blog...you've had so many great experiences...and I am so glad that you can laugh about them now!! It'll be fun to see you when we get back!!

~Carly

julie said...

you are so spontaneous, it is delightful. have fun with life, fire engines and all

julie said...

have fun with life that is what i say and you do. you do spontaneous things. good for you

Deanne said...

I think all stories deserve the best sound effects!