Monday, November 9, 2009

..it is exactly what I needed!

lds_scriptures Yesterday was such an amazing day!  Today lacked that amazement!!  In fact, it was a struggle.  All day long, I was wishing that I could feel what I felt yesterday.  It just was not happening.  I was frustrated with a few things.  You know those type of days when you feel that you can not get a grasp on things?

I arrived home from work with only a few minutes before I had to be in Salt Lake.  I walked upstairs to my room and noticed my scriptures laying on my floor.  I picked them and tossed them on my bed.  When I did, they flipped open. I glanced over at them and a scripture caught my eye.

…ye shall be patient in long-suffering and afflictions, that ye may show forth good examples  unto them in me, and I will make an instrument of thee in my hands unto the salvation of many souls.”

Alma 17:11

I had the most incredible experience…an experience that I had been wanting all day long.  This scripture was for me.  I need to be patient in everything and be the best example that I can be…to be an instrument in His hands. 

But, my experience did not stop there.  I looked up and there was a book that I have been wanting to read.  I opened it up…to a page that I needed to read.

The gospel of Jesus Christ has the answer to every conflict in our lives, our families, and even our nations.  His truth heals hears and bridge cultures. 

An they also inspire courage.  The courage to stand a lone.  The courage to open our mouths when prompted.  The courage to prepare the greatest generation of missionaries, mentor the greatest generation of youth, and share the gospel in any setting. Unflinching moral courage.

“Every time we exercise our faith in the face of fear or discover a doctrinal insight in the scriptures or the temple, we are better able to build the kingdom of God.  Every time we discard a sing or a self-serving motive, every time we keep a trust or gain another glimpse of who we really are or speak truth, we are better able to build the kingdom of God.  Every time we help someone else strengthen faith or resolve, we build the kingdom of God.  In short, every small step we take to develop our God-given attributes of faith, knowledge, obedience, purity, integrity, identity, and courage makes us better able to build up the kingdom of God. “ (No One Can Take Your Place by Sheri Dew)

It was amazing…the very thing that I needed to feel and experience happened at the right time and in the right place.  Oh, how grateful I am for my relationship with our Heavenly Father and our Savior, Jesus Christ.

I can do it!!!  I can do hard things!

Michelle

2 comments:

Ammie said...

thanks for all these great quotes! They are giving me warm fuzzies:)

¡Vieve! said...

Positive thinking is the way to go!