Thursday, November 12, 2009

…how do you RSVP?

rsvp Each month in my home, I teach a card class.  I love making cards BUT…most of all I love teaching friends how to make cards.  It is a passion that I have had for a very long time.  I get all excited about it.  Anyway, I send out an email each month—letting those who are interested the date and time.  I, usually, get responses back of some sort.  But, this time, I received an RSVP from my sweet friend, Vieve. 

She has been attending my card clubs for a few months and she makes everyone laugh.  She tries her darndest and is getting a hang of stamping and gluing.  I love watching people get excited over creating their own little treasures.

Anyway, her return email made me laugh and I chose to share it with all of you:

(Oh…Vieve, I hope you don’t mind me sharing the most creative RSVP I have ever received)

I would like to RSVP to this event, pending a horrific car accident that would sideline me.  Even in the event of a car accident, I would try to make it, but I just wanted to cover myself just in case.  I mean, we can plan for any scenario, you know, but everything is always out of out hands, its not like I have control over everything all the time, that’s just silly.  So yes, I will make it , unless I have died.  Or contracted the swine flu.  Or maybe I’ll get mumps.  There are really loads of disease out there that I could get, and to list them all here just would be ludicrous.  I mean, who has time to read that?  Certainly not me, and I know you have limited time in the day, you’re so busy, so I just wanted to send a small note doing an RSVP.  I’m not one of those people who always needs to write, or to tell everyone everything that’s going on, straight to the point, that’s me.  Who needs to prattle on and on and on like everyone has all the time in the world to read their emails?  Sheesh those people are selfish.  But hopefully nothing out of the ordinary will happen.

Hope to see you there.




Thanks Vieve for being so creative and making me giggle!!


Michelle


1 comment:

¡Vieve! said...

I'm glad this made laugh!

What kind of sick people don't RSVP?!