Tuesday, November 3, 2009

did you vote today?

vote_button-300x297  Did you vote today?  I did.  When I voted today,  there was something different about it.  Why?  Well, this time, my friend, Melanie, was able to vote for the very first time.  She became a US citizen earlier this year.  Since she found about the elections, she has been talking about her excitement to vote!  Asking questions…What is it like?  How do you do it?  Anyway, she was excited about this great privilege. 

So, bright and early (yes, before the polls opened) we drove to Amelia Earhart Elementary and stood in line.  Melanie was the first one in line to vote.  She was excited.  WOW!!!  I have never been excited…nor not excited to vote…I just voted.  BUT, today… it was kind of exciting.  It is definitely a great privilege. 

I am glad I voted!!!

Happy Voting day!!

Michelle

2 comments:

¡Vieve! said...

I'm still so sad that I totally forgot! And embarrassed that the thing that reminded me was a Gossip Girl episode.

Gerb said...

I have not missed voting even once since I turned 18. One of my candidates won, and one lost. But either way, it was nice to know my voice was heard.