Saturday, January 31, 2009

Stranded!!! Dad to the rescue AGAIN!!


There is one thing that I truly hate. I hate being stranded!! Last night, I found myself stranded. I was on my way to a wedding reception. I had a few minutes to spare so, I stopped by Walmart to pick up a couple of things. After purchasing my items, I got into my car. I tried to start my car. It would not start. YIKES!!! I did not know if I should laugh or cry. I might add...I did neither one of them. I just sat there for a bit and then, I called my Dad and Mom--they were having dinner with some friends. So, I waited and waited. It was crazy!! I sat in my car and just waited. Actually, I watched the people go in and out of Walmart. There were people laughing. There were people arguing. There were people crying (hmm....I was not the only thinking that it would be appropriate time to cry). There were people screaming at each other. There were people who were staring at other people and then making slight comments. There were people looking as if they were in a continual daze. It was quite entertaining. Thank goodness my parents came to rescue me (AGAIN)!!

So, tonight, my dad and I replaced the starter in my car. In all actuality, Dad replaced the starter and I just handed him the tools. It was crazy but, I am so thankful for a Dad that helps me and rescues me. He is an amazing guy!!! I have not found anything that he can not fix. Really, I am not trying to break things just so that he can fix them. Thanks Dad for always rescuing me and helping me!! I love you tons!!!


1 comment:

¡Vieve! said...

Dude, good thing you got your starter replaced. But what you should have done is camped outside the door of Walmart, then as soon as you saw a hottie guy, asked him for some help. Then offered yourself up as the payment. *wink*