Sunday, January 11, 2009

Does anyone have a band-aid?


Yesterday, I posted about my calling--serving with the Young Women of our Stake. I am truly grateful for my calling and I found out how much I love it today. Let me share the story....

I was sitting in Sunday School trying to listen (which I do have a difficult time sometimes--that is listening in Sunday School) when Nicole (my friend and newly called Primary President) peeked her head around the corner and motioned Lena and I to come and talk to her. Gladly...I thought!

She asked if we would teach the 4 year olds. Their teachers had not shown up. I love teaching. I find that teaching the youth is quite enjoyable, so I am sure that "tots" are not that far off...RIGHT? NOT!!

We sat down in sharing time...by the end of sharing time, I had two little ones sitting on my lap. They were admiring my nails. Side note: I have a snowflake on the ring finger of each hand. One of the little girls told me that my nails were "absolutely beautiful." Oh, I was grateful for her sweet compliment. I told her thank you. But, the other little girl said, "Oh, they are way too long--don't you have clippers at your house. My Mom can clip them for you." Oh....

Then, it was class time...there was a little boy who did not want to go to class. So, I picked him and sat him on his chair. While I was doing that--he dug me (yes he dug so hard that blood came out of the little cuts--Personally, I think his mom should cut his nails--at least, I do not go around digging people). Then, if that was not enough...he bit me.

So, dear friends...is that normal? Do you carry a box of band-aids with you to church? All I can say is at least the young women don't dig or bite. Oh, what an adventure!!

Have a great day!!

3 comments:

¡Vieve! said...

This is why I think the little kids should be avoided!

Maleen said...

Poor Michelle. They aren't all that bad, but there are a few. They should have at least warned you that you had a biter.

Gerb said...

Welcome to my new calling, Michelle! That is my life every week, but I LOVE it. I have no biters, but comments like the one about fingernails I get all the time and these mini-people CRACK ME UP!!

Next time, bite the kid back. That'll cure him.