Wednesday, January 21, 2009

"If you will vote for me, I will give you ice cream."


OK, so yesterday was a big day for America. HMM!! I think that the next four years are going to be interesting and I think a tad bit entertaining. There are quite a few people that voted for this new president. I will admit, I was not one of them. He is the President of the United State--so, I will support him. I might not like him, but I will support him. For those of you that did vote for him, it would be interesting to find out the reasons why you might have--but, it is not my business--share if you would like or keep your opinions to yourself.

As for me, I will be entertained for the next four years to see what the First Lady will be wearing. Already, her wardrobe has been displayed through every type of media. In fact, it was one of the headlines on MSN today. I am going to have fun seeing if she ever wears an outfit twice. Do you think she will?

So, tonight I was reading some random blogs and came across an interesting one that talked about this Presidential race. She is a school teacher and decided to have her own Presidential race in her classroom. This is what she wrote: "The class had done a great job in their selections. Both candidates were good kids. I thought Jamie might have an advantage because he got lots of parental support. I had never seen Olivia's mother.

The day arrived when they were to make their speeches Jamie went first. He had specific ideas about how to make our class a better place. He ended by promising to do his very best. Every one applauded. He sat down and Olivia came to the podium.

Olivia's speech was concise. She said, "If you will vote for me, I will give you ice cream." She sat down. The class went wild. "Yes! Yes! We want ice cream." She surely would say more. She did not have to. A discussion followed. How did she plan to pay for the ice cream? She wasn't sure. Would her parents buy it or would the class pay for it. She didn't know. The class really didn't care. All they were thinking about was ice cream. Jamie was forgotten. Olivia won by a land slide.

Every time Barack Obama opens his mouth he offers ice cream and sixty percent of the people react like nine year olds. They want ice cream. The other forty percent know they're going to have to feed the cow and clean up the mess."

Isn't it true...well, at least I think it is.

4 comments:

¡Vieve! said...

I would totally vote for any president who would give me ice cream.

Gerb said...

That is the best way I have heard it put. I am in your camp, Michelle. I did NOT vote for him, in fact he scares me a little, and that ice cream example is a great example of WHY.

Maleen said...

Okay, I am curious as to why you put Strawberry ice cream in your labels? I thought we were talking about regular ice cream, but hey, if it's strawberry, I am voting.
Although, my vote might be more devoted if it were chocolate. I guess it depends on the day.
For the record, I did not vote Obama. I think he will be an okay president and I liked his speech, but he probably didn't write it. Oh well.

Chelle! said...

Vieve...what? You would vote for someone that would give you ice cream--what if it was spoiled or something like that?

Gerb... you are the coolest!!!

Maleen...I think I was craving some Strawberry Ice Cream--sorry for the confusion!