Monday, January 26, 2009

I was a witness to "MacGyver-isms" today!!


Tonight I am grateful for 3 guys, a mom, a dad, and a delicious bowl of homemade chicken soup. This is how the story goes...As the hands on the clock started getting closer to 5:00 pm, my list of things to do started growing longer and longer. I had a lot packed into tonight's adventures. I was on a mission to accomplish most of my list. Well, that was the plan when I left work. I jumped in my car and "CLICK" went the sound of my car trying to start.

"CLICK!" "CLICK!" "CLICK!"

My car was not going to start. UGH!! I had a million things to do tonight. I hate being stranded. So, I ran back into work and asked Russell if he could come and help me. Immediately, he came out. We lifted up the hood and found a corroded battery cable. YIKES!! Then, Jared joined us. Then, came Steven. These 3 guys took care of me. They were not going to leave until I was on my way home. They worked and worked on my battery cable. It was kind of like we were in the old TV show, "MacGyver". They cut the cables, re-routed the wiring and after a few tries...my car started!! They assured me that it would be okay until I arrived home and got it fixed. Of course, they were right.

But, I did not take their advice about driving to my home...I drove right to my parent's home. I knew that if I took it there and waited for my dad to return home from work, he would perform his "MacGyver-ism" and fix it like new. Guess what? He did!! It is just like new!!

While waiting for my dad to come home from work, Mom made her most delicious Chicken Noodle Soup. She makes the yummiest chicken noodle soup in the whole wide world. It was simply delicious and a perfect way to warm a cold Michelle.

I am so grateful for being the recipient for these wonderful acts of kindness. Mom, Dad, Russell, Jared, and Steven...thanks so much for your great example to me today. Life is good!!!


1 comment:

¡Vieve! said...

I had no idea your car wasn't working! Thank goodness you didn't leave after everyone like you usually do!