Saturday, January 31, 2009

what's a Gerb?

(Gerb trying to take a picture of the sky--in the middle of a lightening storm & in the middle of a field)

I would like to introduce to one of my favorite people. Her name is Gerb!! You might ask, "What is a Gerb?" If I had to answer it, I would respond that "a Gerb" is person who is excited about life--no matter what is going on in the world, she is looking for the excitement that brings smiles to every one's faces!!

Today, we had a our Regional Mia Shalom Meetings for young women's camp. Gerb was asked to teach first aid. Side note...Gerb is not a nurse--BUT, she was able to entertain a group of young women leaders and teach them how to teach first aid. She was hysterical when it came to the bruised, stabbed, scraped, cut fruit that she had prepared. Then, when it was time to create a compound fracture--that poor chocolate orange is...well, let's just say...it is no more. One lady asked Gerb if she liked horror films. Another asked if she was for hire. She told them that she would work for donuts. Gerb, you are one crazy friend and I am glad that you are my friend.

Sometimes, I think that when we teach youth about first aid, we are so serious. But, Gerb brought her personality with her and helped relate everyone to a fun way of learning!!! Thanks Gerb for taking on this assignment. You were simply fabulous!!! Great Job!!



P.S. Thanks for the ride and for the bagels...you are definitely one fabulous friend!!

2 comments:

Gerb said...

I LOVE you, Michelle! I wish your blog was public so I could link to this post. You, my friend, in a word, are awesome.

Maleen said...

Funny, I read this post on Gerb's site first (I am such a Gerb fan too!)
I'm sorry you are still having trouble with your car; may it be fixed for good now.
And ew, can't stand Hot Tamales. I know, I am a freak of nature :)