Saturday, January 10, 2009

I'm a Believer!!

Bright and early this morning at the Stake Center, a group of young women and leaders started the long process of planning Young Women's Camp. We are often asked why we start in January--if you have ever planned YW camp, you know why. Since I am serving in the Stake Young Women's Presidency not only do we get the privilege and opportunity of going to camp, but we get to camp with the girls that will be in their last year of Young Women's. It is so much fun. So, this morning, we had our YCL (youth camp leader) Camp Kick-off. It was great and might I add...LOTS OF FUN!!!


The Whole Crazy Gang!!


Chandler, McKell & Jane

Tahani, Hannah, Sis. Crosby & Leslie


Sandy, Mikalya, Nancy & Cristen


Dalene & Gerb
Two of the coolest leaders that I get to serve with!!!



Ashley
She does not like to do "girly" things and guess what...we have proof that she does!!


Gerb being Ashley's personal cheerleader!! (or is that Gerb making fun of her...NAH!!)

The gang working together for a special treat for ALL of the young women of our stake.

I am grateful for my calling and I am so excited to work with some amazing people this year!!
Our camp theme this is year is:
I'm a Believer!!

Oh, it is going to be great!!! Gerb is already starting on the words for our opening song!! Oh, it is going to so much fun!!! I am not sure I can wait 6 months to camp...I am sure that the time will pass by quickly!!

Have a great day! (I did)


2 comments:

¡Vieve! said...

You've totally found your niche in this calling! Woo!

Gerb said...

Check me out - I'm a total STAR!! There are like 27 pictures of me in this post! I can't wait for the sleepless nights up at MIA Shalom. I'm totally bunking in the "snoring cabin" this year!!

p.s. the chorus is done - I bet you can't wait to hear the whole song!!