Tuesday, September 30, 2008

a tea party...


I was extended an invitation to speak at Young Women's Tea Party. But, it really wasn't a "TEA" party it was a "T" party. This young women's group have been focusing on building their testimony. It was amazing.

So, I arrived at this amazing and gorgeous home. As I stepped out of my car, I looked at this most beautiful yard. Flowers and plants everywhere. The yard had white lights everywhere. Tables with beautiful centerpieces covered the yard. It was amazing!! In fact, I thought that I had just stepped into someone's yard decoarated for a wedding reception. I was invited to choose a table and sit and relax for a moment or two.

I chose to sit by this young women who was sitting by herself. I sat down and started talking with her. She was absolutely darling. Soon our table was filled and we treated to the cutest dinner. Can dinner be cute? Well, tonight's was cute. We had pink flower sandwiches, salad, chips served to us on china. We had this delicious punch served in these beautiful tea cups. For dessert, we had this yummy Frappe stuff, pink flower sugar cookies and mini cupcakes frosted with silver beads. It was so much fun and such a delight!!!

Then, I was invited to speak. It was amazing!!! I love it when things run smoothly--thoughts pop into your head right at the most important time. I just love this kind of exhilaration. I hope I did touch someones heart tonight. I know that my heart and testimony was strengthened.

This amazing group of young women were the sweetest girls ever!! I am grateful for the privilege and opportunity that I had to be to sit amongst them, listen to them and just be apart of their life for a brief moment.



P.S. Today, I am grateful for the gift of the Holy Ghost, for dedicated young women leaders, beautiful nights and for an invitation to speak!!

2 comments:

¡Vieve! said...

That sounds like a great night! I'm glad everything went smoothly.

I love how your page looks!

Maleen said...

It sounds so pretty. I have to admit that although I like eating on pretty dishes, I am always scared I might break something or scratch it. Yikes.
I'm glad you were able to speak and feel comfortable about how it went.