Saturday, September 27, 2008

eat it quick...or you might not get any


So, I just would like you all to know that I have the most adorable niece in the whole wide world. I love spending time with her. She has the ability to brighten a horrendous day by just being herself. Whenever she and I are at the same place--she follows me around--you know kind of like a little puppy dog. In fact, I have been known to turn around and step on her fingers because I forget that she is right on my heels.

Well, let me share with you today's experience. Mom, Jessica, Brylie and I decided to check out a new scrapbook story that a friend of my has been raving about. WE were all starving so we decided to stop and get something to eat. We ordered our food and found a place to sit. Jessica put Brylie in the little chair (you know--the high chair looking thing) and placed her at the end of the table. Anyway, Jessica and I were the closest ones to Brylie at the table. Jessica begins feeding Brylie a cheeseburger and fries. She is getting so much better at eating. This is a huge step for her. Anyway, I was busily talking when all of a sudden Brylie grabs my container--fries and sauce are dumped out on the table and my lap. I turned and looked at Brylie and she has the hugest smile on her face (just like the one in the above picture). How could you get mad at such a cute little girl? So, I clean up everything and salvage what is left.

Not to long after that, with a hamburger in my left hand--I turned to say something to Mom. Brylie grabs the hamburger and stuffs it in her mouth. I could not believe what just happened. I looked at her and of course, she is grinning from ear to ear with the hamburger stuffed inside her mouth.

Oh, this is not the first time that this has happened to me. So, my advice, if you are ever eating with Brylie--either make sure you sit out of reach from her or you eat as quick as you can--if not...you might just go away hungry.


P.S. I am thankful for my sweet little niece-Brylie, my mom, Jessica, new scrapbook stores and sunshine!!

4 comments:

Jess said...

Brylie is such a sweetie. Thank you so much for being such a wonderful aunt to her. I know that she loves you so much. She will grow up and have such fond memories of her time spent with aunt Chel. You are so good to her and understanding. We both love you very much.
Jessica
P.S. Thank you for the comment on my blog. Your support means a lot to me!

Gerb said...

You are such a great aunt. And Brylie is such a little doll!

I saw you tonight and was going to come say hi about 10 different times, but I never made it over. So, HI!!

¡Vieve! said...

You'll have to start eating with your arm guarding your food, like those of us with big families have learned how to do!

Maleen said...

That is funny, but even after she learns not to grab, she will still give you those puppy dog eyes and you will give up your food willingly. I know I still do.