Tuesday, September 16, 2008

have you ever walked under an overpass?

So,today I found myself leaving work early. Okay, not early, but earlier than I have been. I am usually the last one to leave in my department, but I did leave today before one other person. When I arrived home, I decided that it was such a beautiful day and so, I decided to go for a walk. I found myself just enjoying the beautiful weather. In fact, I love this time of year-where it is not too hot nor too cold--it is just right.

I ran into some friends--chatted, noticed all the brightly colored sunflowers, was approached by a drunk, smoking black man (hmm....a story in itself), and then....



I walked underneath an overpass.

Okay, I know it is strange, but I have never walked underneath a overpass. Have you? Well, I found it a tad bit creepy--everything was echoing. The cement walls that are at an angle are kind of disturbing. I would never want to be under one of those during an earthquake. Another thing is that you could hear the cars passing overhead--they were kind of echoing. I really did NOT like it. Then, as I was midway through--a car came speeding by. The noise from the car was a tad bit strange. It kind of reminded me of being in a tunnel, but different. Did that make sense? So, the next time you walk under an overpass--listen and let me know what you hear.

P.S. I am grateful for beautiful weather, long walks, cell phones, cold glasses of water, and daylight.

5 comments:

¡Vieve! said...

I always run under overpasses, and everything is echo-ey! I try to get through them really quickly.

Birgitta said...

which underpass is this?

Gerb said...

It's freaky when a semi drives on the overpass while you're under it. But I feel all adventurous when I walk under them. (I need to get out more)

Chelle! said...

Birg-it is the one that is off from Stubbs Avenue (on the way to the Provo Towne Mall). I am not sure what South it is.

kcsars said...

You gave such a great description! I thought it was pretty deep to think of the under vs. overpass thing... Isn't it weird how some very simple things can be such an impact? Glad you enjoyed the evening!... and survived the overpass!