Thursday, September 11, 2008

remembering 9-11


Where were you 7 years ago? As I think of that moment in life--7 years ago--I still remember what I was doing. I decided to go into work early. I had been working on a project and wanted to complete it. I was the only in my office that early in the morning. I turned on the radio and was working away at my computer.

Then, all of a sudden, the news came across the radio station. I just stared at the radio. Listening and waiting for more information. I remember tears started rolling down my face. Immediately, I called my Mom. She quickly turned on the television and confirmed what I was listening to was indeed true.


By this time, people were arriving at work. We all went to the huge conference room where they had a television on showing what had happened. After a bit, we would return to our offices and then, return to the conference room for more information. I remember going home to my parents home--in the security of their home and watching the recap of the horrific events that took place earlier in the day.

I could not believe and still can not believe to this day everything that took place that day. I feel strongly that the world changed that day. We witnessed through the media-people helping each other. We all witnessed the heartache, the sadness and the rescue efforts of everyone involved. We felt that scary feeling all day long and weeks after...We witnessed a nation come together to help each other and to morn with each other. My heart goes out to all those that lost loved ones that day. I know that they were definitely in my prayers. How grateful I am to be an American.




p.s. I am grateful for WEBEX (to be able to log in to clients computers & fix them), vacuums, scrambled eggs, cheese & tortilla dinners, ice cold water, and being an American.

3 comments:

Maleen said...

I think I told you this before, but I was in Ukraine on 9-11. It was very unreal hearing something about your country when you aren't even there. I don't know if the full impact of it ever really hit me. Although I do know as I tried to explain to June today what we should remember, I got very teary-eyed. I too feel for all the families that lost someone.

Birgitta said...

I was at home, pregnant with Zach getting ready for work. Jeremy called me and told me to turn the TV on. I just stared at the TV horrified. I started to cry. What a sad day.

¡Vieve! said...

I was at my brothers wedding that day-what a subdued celebration that was. It's a very awesome thing to see how the US rallied together after such a tragedy.