Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I am lucky!!!

So, tonight, I had a huge event. I decided that it was time...time to purchase a new car. I have been toying over the fact that I really want and need a new car. So, I have searched and searched and I, FINALLY, found it. It is everything that I have dreamed of. So, after work, I drove to the magnificent dealership, picked out the love of my life, finalized all the paperwork, handed over the huge amount of money, took pictures of my new car to post on my blog and drove away in this magnificent thing. Isn't it amazing....





Ok, then, I woke up from my dream!!!

Yes, it was only a dream. I would love to own a Nissan Murano, but for right now, I will settle for

my neon!

But, today did mark another event in my neon's life. Before I share what happened, I would like to share with you something that I truly do not like. I can even go as far as using the word HATE in the sentence. Okay, so there are a few things that I HATE (yes, I know that it is a strong word). But, I HATE having any type of car issues at all. No, I am not exaggerating!! I do HATE them. Whether it is getting the oil change, a tune-up, an inspection, new tires, or anything else that might relate to a car--I truly HATE it. It is like a big huge dark cloud over my head. I even hate buying a new car. The reason I even hate that is I am always worried that I spent too much or I made the wrong decision. It consumes my thoughts and even my dreams (see above). Literally, it starts to drive me crazy.

See, let me share a few stories. I went to get an oil change one time and the dude said that I needed a new oil filter. I thought--okay. He said I had a special oil filter and charged me $50.00 for it. I went home and was talking to my dad. I told him I could not believe that oil filters cost $50 bucks. I still remember that look--you know, the look that makes you feel really dumb. Okay, I am dumb when it comes to cars. Now I know that I am not to pay $50 for an oil filter when you can go to AutoZone or Checkers and pay 1/8 of the price. Okay...another story...I purchased my neon. It was only 2 years old. I was so excited. I paid cash for it and went on my way. The next morning (yes, the next morning), I wake up to a puddle of oil underneath--which led to a new engine and a couple of thousand dollars later. Now, you know why I HATE car issues!

Anyway, back to today's event. it is that time of year when I have to get my car inspected and emissions. I HATE IT!!! I, constantly, worry about it. I can't sleep because it plagues my dreams. Thank goodness, I have a wonderful Dad that puts up with my constant worriness (is that even a word) over my car. See, I hear a weird noise in my car. Dad thought that it was coming from my exhaust system. So, Dad met me at the garage. The car dude checked and rechecked and checked again. He could not find the noise. It is not coming from my exhaust system. YIPPEE SKIPPEE!!! Maybe I am imaging things!!! So, onto the dreaded inspection and licensing!!! Today...I was lucky!!! I closed my eyes when the guy at the garage said that the neon passed everything and I was DEFINITELY thankful for another good moment. Thanks Dad for all your help and making sure that I was not taken for again!!

So, I am now a BLUE STICKERED WOMAN--oh, and my neon is around for another year. Hopefully, by next year at this time...I will be driving my Murano!!


P.S. I am grateful for blue stickers, my Dad, happy moments and my neon!

5 comments:

Gerb said...

YAY for you and your Neon! Maybe you could get some vinyl polka dot decals to stick all over your cute neon and you'd love it even more...

Jess said...

CONGRATS!!! Now we no longer have to look out for the police. You always see every police man when the car is not registered! I am glad it passed another year!

¡Vieve! said...

At first I was totally freaking out thinking you had bought a new car! But yea that your car passed!

Maleen said...

I'm glad you got that done. I too despise car problems ever since my car ran out of oil and stopped working while I was driving on the freeway (NOT a good day).
May you achieve your car dreams someday though.

OneBrilliantGirl said...

You had be fooled for a second. I really thought you picked youself up a Murano!