Saturday, August 2, 2008

am I crazy?

It was announced several months ago that on August 2nd, 2008, the fourth and final book of the Twilight series would be released. Lots of waited in anticipation to get this hot copy into their hands. I am included in that group of people!! Anyway, I received a call earlier this week from my SIL, Jessica. She asked if I wanted to go to the release party for Breaking Dawn. Of course, I jumped at the chance. Am I crazy?!! The answer would be NO!!


So, Friday night, Jess and I went to Barnes & Noble to wait for the release. The parking lot was already filled with cars. But, we were so lucky when Jess spotted a guy pulling out of his parking space right in front of the store. I was so excited to go-it was quite entertaining. We arrived at Barnes & Noble at shortly before 8:00 PM. We received our wristband which was labeled with L2. We found the meaning of L2 as being where we would stand in line. There would be 55 people (with wristbands and plus, all there friends and family that came for the release) in each letter of the alphabet. So, we ended up having approximately 660 people with wristbands in front of us. But, just a reminder...that number is only the people who had the wristbands not the other zillion people with them... in line in front of us.


Inside the store, we were entertained for about 4 hours. There was face painting, fingernail painting, Twilight series Trivia, a fashion show, an ugly bridesmaid dress costume, taro card readings, a huge screen showing the trailers of the new Twilight movie, searching for Bella's engagement ring (Oh, I need to add...my friend, Sariah, found the engagement ring and it is simply gorgeous--no, it is not simple--it is amazingly gorgeous!!) and a palm reading. Jess really wanted to go have her palm read. I am not a fan of these--they kind of give me the creeps.

Finally, after a lot of convincing, I decided to give it a try. So, let me tell you, it was weird. First, I listened this lady read Jessica's palm. She was hitting things right on the nose (or the palm). It was too cool.

Then, it was my turn. I just had to keep laughing. This lady was reading my palm and was telling me things that were right on. It was kind of creepy. She did say that my true love was living in his parents basement--she kept talking about that. Then, she said, maybe not his parents basement, but possibly, his friends basement. The reason why he is living in "someones" basement is that he is saving money for a house. Jessica and I just laughed and laughed about this afterwards. Does anyone know someone living in a basement? Just kidding!!





The fashion show was awesome!! People were dressed up like the characters in the Twilight Series. My favorite costume(s) were of a couple dressed as Alice and Edward. They both looked like how I would picture these 2 characters in the book. She was absolutely adorable. Oh, it was great!!

A little bit before 11:00 pm, Jessica and I went to find our places in line. We walked out the door of Barnes & Noble and turned left and walked and walked and walked and walked...





No, we are still not there....still walking...







not yet...still walking....




not yet...still walking...


...finally, we found the letter L...
we are just below the "B" in the Burlington Coat Factory sign.


We sat in this line for about 2 hours. Thank goodness for the strange and funny conversations going on around us and Jess's Yahtzee game on her cell phone to help pass the time. Actually, I had a great time.

Then, at 12:01, the screaming started!!! BREAKING DAWN IS NOW RELEASED!! The line moved pretty quickly...we only had to stand in line for about another hour. There were quite a few people in line in front of us. So, we were able to see lots of people with stacks of books go past us. In fact, there was a group of girls that sat down by the Stop Sign and started reading. They were so excited to start reading it that they sat down at the Stop Sign. Too cool!!!

We received our copies of Breaking Dawn at a little before 1:00 am. Oh, what a FABULOUS night!!! YEA!!! It was great!!

Thanks Jess for such a fabulous idea and a great night!!!



4 comments:

Jess said...

I had such a fun and fabulous time. Thanks for going with me!!! I would definetely do this again. It was a blast.

Traci said...

Fun! We almost went to the release party but opted to stay home. Love the book though. :)

Maleen said...

You are SO crazy!! I can't believe that you went out there and waited forever. Although the fortune telling and nail painting sounded kind of fun. Alright, I admit, if I hadn't had a baby, I probably would have gone too.

¡Vieve! said...

Aw, good times. I was debating going, but I don't think I'll ever go to a midnight thing, having had to work them too many times!