Monday, July 28, 2008

What?

I, usually, don’t have the greatest luck at picking out restaurants or fast food places. I really do not like to suggest where we should go for lunch or dinner to grab a bite to eat. One of the main reasons is based on past experiences...



the experiences unfold....


So, tonight, I wanted a Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich from Subway. I had eaten one not to long ago and it was absolutely delicious. So, I dropped on over to Mom and Dad’s and asked them what they were having for dinner. Nothing had been decided so, I suggested that we go to Subway and have some delicious Philly Cheesesteak sandwiches.



So, Mom and I arrive at Subway. We wait for about 5 minutes before the Subway clerk helps us. This is how the conversation went…

“What can I get for you today?”
“I would like a 6-inch Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich on white bread.”
“We are all out of Philly Cheesesteak and oh, we do not have white bread."

What...no cheesesteak and no white bread.

Oh, I was so disappointed….

So, that brought back some other memories dealing with food places…

I was living on BYU campus with 5 other roommates. We just had finished studying and decided that it was time to eat. We searched our cupboards, then, our refrigerator, then, the cupboards again. There wasn’t anything that looked delicious to eat. One of my roommates, Shawnie, was having the craving of chicken. So, we all piled into the car and drove to KFC. We walked into their lobby…and this is how the conversation went:

“Welcome to KFC. What might I get for you today?”
“Number 2 Meal” (which I might add was chicken, mashed potatoes and coleslaw)
“Oh, we do not have chicken today,” came the reply from the KFC clerk.
“What? No chicken?”
“Yes, we are out of chicken today, but I could I offer you the mashed potatoes and coleslaw?”

So, not too long after that….another experience with fast food…
We walk into the lobby at Wendy’s and this is how the conversation.

“Is this for here or to go?”
“Here.”
“What can I get for you today?”
“A Southwest Taco Salad.”
“I am sorry, we do not have lettuce today.”
“What, no lettuce?”
“No lettuce, oh, and we do not have tomatoes, either.”

Then, a more recent experience at Teriyaki Stix…

Vieve and I drove up to the window.
“Can I take your order?”
“Yes, we would like 2 chicken bowls with vegetables.”
“Is that everything?”
“Yes.”
She gave us our total and told us to drive to the second window.


We were there waiting for about 10 minutes when, the clerk showed back up at the window.


“We are out of rice, so is it alright if only one has noodles.”

What…NO RICE at Teriyaki Stix.

So, as you can read (and this is only a few of the examples—there are many more!!), I do not have the best of luck picking out places to eat. I hope that you have better luck than me!!!

5 comments:

¡Vieve! said...

You have so many bad food experiences! I was so sad to be eating those noodles, they were so so gross!

Maleen said...

I'm sorry, but KFC with no chicken is one of the funniest things I have ever heard. They should just close up for the day. I mean, what else are people coming there for???

Taralyn said...

We went to Arby's one day in high school and they were out of roast beef--I thought things like that only happened in Price.

Unknown said...

I can't believe that has happened to you sooo many times...what luck!!

Gerb said...

KFC was out of chicken?! That's like A&W being out of rootbeer! I'm with Maleen - why didn't they just call it good and go home? I mean who goes there just for the gravy?? You have some crazy (un)luck!