Monday, July 21, 2008

4th of July Festivities

WOW!!! So, I am a little late in blogging about one of my most favorite holidays. I love the 4th of July. I am not sure if it is the whole freedom thing or the family festivities or if is the red, white and blue thing---all I know that if you put that all together--





I LOVE THE 4th OF JULY!!

So, here is my blog for that day (July 4, 2008)...



4th of July Eve--Shad, Jessica, Brylie and I slept over at Mom and Dad's. It was a great slumber party. Okay, there was not a lot of slumbering but all-in-all it was fabulous. Since, it we planned on going to the Festival of Balloons at 5:30 am, we decided that it would be easier if we would sleep at Mom and Dad's. We stayed up late talking and laughing. We slept a little bit and then, it was time to get up and get ready to attend the Festival of Balloons. I love the hot air balloons. In fact, I look forward to this event every 4th of July.




Isn't that one of the coolest pictures?

It is always great to spend time with family!!!

While we were packing up our things to go, I could hear someone screaming in back of me. It was Macie. Macie was one of my Laurels when I was first called as Young Women's President. I, probably, have not seen her in 3 or 4 years. She was screaming at me. She ran over to me, gave me a huge hug and just screamed that she was excited to see me. She is so cute!!! She introduced me to her darling boyfriend. Oh, Macie, you totally made my day.


Then, it was off to breakfast--Cracker Barrel. Last year, we drove everywhere trying to find a place for breakfast that was not crowded with lots of people. We ended up at Cracker Barrel. So, this year, we decided that we would just head on over there!!! We had to wait this time...due to only a few of their employees scheduled to work show up. But, the food was delicious and it was fun!!! Oh, I tasted "grits" for the first time. They were interesting--but better tasting when I added some sugar. I am not sure that I would order them--they are just my type of food.

Then, we went home took a nap....(a much needed one for Brylie...we woke her up way too early!!!

Then, it was off to the Festival of Crafts and Booths at the County Courthouse. It was so hot!!!! We really did not stay too long. We felt like we were melting!!!!

Then...to top of the 4th...Subway and Fireworks. The past couple of years, we have decided to pack a picnic of Subway sandwiches and chips and head to Provo for the fireworks. It seems that we always sit in about the same place. It is (usually) the perfect spot to wait and watch for the fireworks to begin. But, this time, a SUV parked right in front of where we sit. It was parked in a NO PARKING zone, so we thought that they would move it soon. But, to no avail, they did not. So, we had to scrunch up together and watch the fireworks from a little opening in the trees. So, to the person who parked their SUV in a a no parking zone...next time, please be courteous to those around you.

But, it was a great night and fireworks were amazingly nice.

Oh, what a great night!!! I just love the 4th of July!!! But, most of all, I love spending it with my family!!!!

5 comments:

Ammie said...

I love the 4th of July. Utah really does have the best forth of July! I'm glad you got to see macie. What a sweetie.

Deanne said...

What a fun day! I'm so sorry about your encounter with the vacuum! Toe injuries are the worst!

Maleen said...

Yay! I love the fourth too! What a great holiday. I'll have to try Cracker Barrel. I have never been there.

¡Vieve! said...

What a great day! I'm glad you guys all had fun-I hope your traditions always continue!

OneBrilliantGirl said...

I'm so glad you had a great holiday. Reading it makes me miss being back home, celebrating with all of those freedom loving people!