Sunday, July 20, 2008

those darn vaccuum cleaners...

So, this morning, I had early morning commitments. Church for me does not start until 2:00 pm which usually results in a lazy morning and then, church. But, this morning, I had a visiting teaching appointment, a Sacrament Meeting to attend and then, another one to attend. So, I was rushing around trying to get ready for the day, when the my visiting teaching companion knocked on the door. I knew that I was running late, so I turned and and ran right into the vacuum. Usually, this would not have been a big deal---except that I was not wearing shoes this time. OUCH!!! Then, out the door I ran.

While I was sitting on Sister Yosh's couch. My toes began to ache. I did not want to cause to much attention to my toes, so I kind of tilted my foot and then noticed the bruise starting to form. OUCH!! I tried really hard to concentrate on what was being said, but my toes were hurting.

I did not have much time from when I arrived home from visiting teaching to when I had to be at the Sacrament Meeting I was asked to attend. I tried on some dress shoes!! OUCH!! So, I put on my dressier flip flops. (I would say high heel flip flops-but my mom said that they are not high heels and that I do not know what high heels are--hee hee ha ha). By the time, I arrived at church, I could barely walk. MY TOES HURT!!! (and they were a tad bit more swollen and a little more bluer). So, again, I tried to pay attention, but I just could not.

Then, it was off to the second Sacrament Meeting...OUCH!!! MY TOES HURT!!! Anyway, you know the story...I could not pay attention. So, off to my mom and dad's for a few minutes. Okay, I went to get some sympathy from my Mom. It worked, but my toes do still hurt.

So, that darn vacuum has caused unnecessary harm to me. It has resulted in a couple of broken toes (I think-3!). I know the middle one is definitely broken. It just does not look good---all blue and swollen. Well, this adds to my theory that we should all have maids and have no vacuums in the home that would do unnecessary harm to us.


4 comments:

¡Vieve! said...

I can't believe you broke your toes on a vaccuum cleaner! You need to be more careful.

I hope your toenails don't fall off. I hear they do that.

Maleen said...

Oh so sad! I was wondering what happened when you said you were doing a happy dance with three broken toes. Ouch!! It sounds so painful.
You can call me anytime and I will vacuum for you.

OneBrilliantGirl said...

Amen to the maid idea! I couldn't agree more. I'm sorry to hear about your toes. There's nothing worse than a stubbed toe...so a broken one has to be even worse.

kcsars said...

Wow! What a trooper to do your visiting teaching and church all on broken toes! Ooouch! So sorry to hear you have been in pain; it's a good thing you don't need to hike "Lone Pine" anytime soon. ;-) Hope you feel better soon. Love ya.