Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Go Phelps!! Who is Phillips?



Tonight, my SIL, Jessica, and I watched the Olympics as we stamped and created cards. It was great. I would like to make a note that it is a lot more fun to watch the Olympics with others whom share the same excitement of the festivities. It was great!!! Screaming and cheering on Team USA was simply fabulous!!! We stamped, we laughed, we screamed, and we cheered. Time seem to fly by fast.

Later in the evening, my niece and nephews(Kaylie, Austin, and Tanner are sleeping at Grandma's) came into watch the Olympics with me. I am not sure what was more entertaining--watching Austin scream for Phelps or him explaining the events to Kaylie. This is how the conversation went:

"Go Phelps!! He is so cool!! He is the fastest guy in the world!" (My nephew, Austin is explaining to Kaylie)

"Who is Phillips?"

"It's Phelps, P-H-E-L-P-S and he is the fastest swimmer in the world!!"

"What is the green line?"

"The world record--see, Phelps is the fastest."

"I don't really like watching swimming."

"What? Look how cool he is?"

"I don't think that he is cool."

"What?"

"Nothing!"

"Go PHELPS!!"

"Ya, GO PHELPS!!!"
(In walks Grandma--Kaylie turns to her) "Grandma, look at the green line--he is beating the world's record!! GO PHELPS!!! GO GO!!!"

How interesting is that sometimes--us girls--change our thought process and actions when it comes to dealing with boys!! Hilarious!!

As for the Olympics, Phelps received his two gold medals today!!! I do have to agree with Austin--he is cool!! If you watched Phelps at the end of the 200 fly, he immediately took off his goggles and water poured out of them. He told Kremer that as soon as he went into the water, his goggles filled with water and he swam the race with water in his eyes.

But, like Tim Gunn, Phelps made it work, winning the race and finishing in 1:52.03.

Phelps rubbed his eyes and said, "I can't see anything," as he climbed out of the pool.

It basically amounted to swatting a fly as Phelps came back an hour later to swim the lead leg in the 4x200 freestyle relay. You know what happened next.

For those of you living under a rock, here's where Phelps stands: 5-for-5 so far, now just three golds away from breaking Mark Spitz's record of seven gold medals in a single Olympics !!

Once again...

GO TEAM USA!!!

2 comments:

¡Vieve! said...

I actually watched this last night! It is fun to watch these-I can see why you get wrapped up in them!

Unknown said...

Michelle- I just love your enthusiasm!! You are so fun...Also, you are the best comment leave-er I know...is that really a word...well in my world this morning (is is 4:15am) it is!!Go team USA!!!!