Sunday, August 10, 2008

I bleed Red, White and Blue!!!


Just for the record, I am not really a TV watcher. There are a couple of shows that I love to watch, but I would not really say that I am completely addicted. BUT, for two weeks in the summer, every four years and then, for two weeks in the winter every four years, my heart and mind is completely consumed with the OLYMPICS!! I am a TRUE TEAM USA follower!!


There is so much to watch and so much to take in!!! It is crazy!! I loved the Opening Ceremonies!!! This year, it was incredible!!! Oh, the parade of nations...I was so proud of Team USA!!! Yes, I started crying when they walked in. To answer your question...YES!! I am a tad bit crazy but more so I bleed red, white and blue!! Then, when they lit the cauldron...how amazing and awesome!!

I will admit...I, literally, scream at the TV encouraging those Olympians to do the best they can. Yes, I do have to admit that when Phelps took first place and won the gold medal in the Men’s 400m Individual Medley and took the world record at 4:03:84 I was screaming and tearing up!!! What an amazing moment!! Then, when they asked him what he was thinking when you realized he won...he said that he was looking for his mom. Oh, what a great guy!!!


As for the USA National Anthem, I tear up. Oh, and then, all those stories about how the Olympians managed to get to the Olympics–the stories are incredible and amazing!!! I do cry during those stories!!! Yes, I truly bleed red, white and blue!!

GO TEAM USA!!!!

I hope that you are enjoying the Olympics as much as I am.


2 comments:

¡Vieve! said...

How funny that we both wrote about the same thing! I wish I could've caught the parade of nations-I've never seen it!

Go USA!

Ammie said...

I agree, Go red, white and blue!!!