Sunday, August 17, 2008

peacefulness and sweetness all in one...

Today, I was sitting in Relief Society pondering on (not the things being taught) the past few days. Other than watching the Olympics, I have had the privilege and opportunity to take care of sweet little babies. It has been great. There is a sense of sweetness, a sense of peacefulness when babies are around. So let me share these thoughts...



On Friday evening, I had the opportunity of taking care of my sweet little niece. I woke up Friday morning with a prompting to call Michelle's 911--what is that? Well, it is the Provo Temple Prayer Roll. My little niece would be going to Primary Children's to have some YUCKY tests later on during the day. After the call to the temple prayer roll-a peacefulness came. It was great. I knew that the doctors at Primary Children's are the best of the best and I know that they would take care of little Brylie. Anyway, my SIL (Jessica) had to work early early Saturday morning and my brother is out of town--so, I got the privilege of taking care of her Friday night and Saturday. She really wasn't her perky self--she had to go through too much earlier that morning. (Jessica shares the details on her blog.) She went to sleep at 9:30 pm and did not wake up until 8:00 am. Then, she woke up, drank a bottle and I held her. She fell fast asleep until 10:45 am. So, not too difficult--she was just plain exhausted--too exhausted from everything that she went through. I know that she was completely worn out. But, the peacefulness that surrounded her was awesome. Thanks Jess for letting me take care of Brylie.



Then, today at church, I had the opportunity of watching my friend's, Carly, little boy while she taught Sunbeams. He is so sweet and and cuddly. He slept through Sunday School (something that a lot of people do) and during Relief Society-he played with a piece of paper. He was so cute. But, like I was explaining a little earlier--the sense of peacefulness and sweetness surrounding little babies is simply amazing and quite delightful. Thanks Carly for letting me take care of Xander during church.



I love the peacefulness and the sweetness that goes along with being around little ones. I think that is one of the greatest blessings.



2 comments:

¡Vieve! said...

It's nice that you get to take care of little babies, since you love them so much! Thank goodness little Brylie came out of everything ok.

Jess said...

Thank you so much for all you do for Brylie and me. I would be lost without all of the help you have given to me. Thank you for calling brylies name into the temple. I can not tell you how much I prayed that day that all would be okay. Thank you for being such a great aunt to her. She loves you so much.