Monday, August 18, 2008

Ding Dong...no one is home!


So, today, was the typical Monday. Work. Home. Not much different out of the ordinary. But, I do want to share something comical. Work was passing by a tad bit slowly as I had wanted it. My SIL Jessica, and I were texting. Anyway, I commented to Vieve that I was going to change my "incoming text alert" to something different. I played around with my phone and decided on "ding dong". I did not think anything else about it. Jessica kept texting me and I thought it was a cool sound to break up the monotony of the day.

Tonight, I was folding laundry and had my cell phone in my pocket. I heard "ding dong". I thought--"hey cool, someone is coming to visit." I opened the door...no one was there. I turned to the TV and the thought came to me--"oh, maybe it was on the television." I went back to folding my laundry.

"Ding Dong!" I looked at the television--it was on the Olympics. So, I got up and went to the door. I opened the door. No one was there. Okay, my next thought was "who is ding dong ditching our home?" I closed the door. Then, quickly opened it again--no one was there. So, back to my laundry.

I put away my folded laundry and decided to go check my email on my computer. I took my cell phone out of my pocket and realized that I had a text message. As I was holding my phone, I hear another "DING DONG!!" Finally, I realize that it was my cell phone the whole entire time!! So, basically, "DING DONG NO ONE IS HOME!!" (at least in my brain). Yep, go ahead and laugh...I DID--HYSTERICALLY!!


5 comments:

¡Vieve! said...

Holy crap that's hilarious! Hopefully now when your doorbell rings, you won't just think it's your phone...

Traci said...

That is funny! I haven't seen you in forever, but it's fun to see what you're up to on the blog. :)

julie said...

what a day, we are creatures of habit a change in what we are doing and sounds,thanks for sharing.

Maleen said...

That story is really funny. I would totally do the same thing.
I liked your story about babies, I was just thinking today that I need to bring Daisy in to work again so you can hold her. Soon.

OneBrilliantGirl said...

Oh Michelle, that is such a great story! I'm glad you were able to laugh about it...I sure did! :)