Tuesday, August 19, 2008

why does it take over an hour to clean the bathroom...




Tonight while watching the Olympics, I decided to be a little bit more productive so, I decided to clean my bathroom. Who would think that it would take over an hour to clean my bathroom? This is how it went...

Turn on TV--Olympics are on...
Commercial
Run to bathroom, spray down shower
Olympics are back on television
Watch
Commercial
Run to bathroom, scrub shower
Olympics are back on television
Watch
Commercial
Run to bathroom spray down counter
Olympics back on
Watch
Commercial
Run to bathroom, wipe down counter & put cleaner in toilet
....so you are getting the drift...now, I look back and wonder why it took me over an hour to clean my bathroom. The Olympics have been so addicting. I just might go into withdrawals when it is all over. What will I do with all the time--definitely-not watching TV.




So for the Olympics...I am proud of Team USA. I screamed for Shawn Johnson--her beam routine was simply amazing and was definitely worth the Gold Medal. I think that she is one of my favorite gymnasts. She is such a darling girl.
I loved Shawn Johnson's comment, "I finished off the Olympic Games with, to me, the most perfect ending ever," Johnson said, beaming as she tugged at the ribbon around her neck. "To finally get the gold medal ... on my very last routine meant the world to me." What a great way to end your Olympic Experience in Beijing!! Way to go Shawn--you deserved it!!!



Then, an OUCH for Lolo Jones during the 100M Hurdles. She had taken the lead and seemed to be pulling away when she hooked her right foot on the ninth hurdle and broke her stride, falling from first to seventh. The late blunder opened the door for teammate Dawn Harper to win the U.S. track team's third gold medal of the games.


"I felt the gold around me," Jones said, "but if you can't finish the race, you don't deserve to be the champion.
"I usually hit a hurdle twice a year. It just sucks that it was on the most important race of my life."


While Harper did a victory lap carrying the American flag, Jones kneeled on the track, her face to the ground in stunned disbelief. Isn't that like life---we work so hard overcoming all the trials (hurdles) in our lives and then, we miss one--but if we finish like Jones did, we are on the right track. She kept running until she came across the finish line. Lolo Jones you set a great example tonight. Sorry for the mishap--hope to see you in 2012!!



As for the many events that are taking place at Olympics, I am so proud of TEAM USA--we are holding at 79 medals. How great is that?!


2 comments:

¡Vieve! said...

USA is doing amazing this year! And hey, at least you did clean the bathroom. I would've just been caught up in watching!

Maleen said...

I was doing laundry, so I know what you mean. I normally fold on my bed, but for the Olympics, I fold on the couch.
So sad for Lolo. I was heartbroken for her, and from her reaction, you can tell she was too.