Tuesday, June 17, 2014

a prompting...


Day 75...

Have you ever had a prompting to do something and you have no idea what the reason behind it is or why you even acted on that prompting?  I had one of those moments tonight.  I had left an activity that I had been attending with the young women in my ward.  I ran an errand and on the way home, I had a feeling to stop at a home of where a dear sweet young friend lives.  As I sat in the driveway of this home, I contemplated of what I was doing.  Why?  Why, was I prompted to go there? What?  What was I going to say?  How was I going to go about it? 

I felt so strongly that I needed to be there.
I jumped out of my car, ran up the steps, rang the doorbell and waited.  This family opened the door and I stepped in. 

No prompting came of what to say or do.
I quickly said, “I felt like I needed to stop by and say hi”.  Ok…I was feeling a tad bit awkward.  A friend of mine told me once (well, she told another friend and that friend told me) that it drives her bonkers when I say that I was prompted to say something or to do something.  I cringed when that sentence popped out of my mouth. 

This sweet little friend just looked at me.
More awkwardness.

Then…it came.  The reason I was supposed to be there.  I knew why I was there and I knew what I needed to day.  For the next little while, we chatted.
As I sat in my car in her driveway, peace came and emotions swelled in my heart.  My advice to you (if you would like my advice) is to try and head to all of the promptings that you get even when it feels so awkward.  The awkwardness is only a distraction…peace will eventually come and the reason that you acted will be presented to you.  I do want to add a disclaimer…sometimes you won’t know why but the peace will come. 

Smiles fill my whole heart and soul!
~Michelle

No comments: