Thursday, February 5, 2009

Thumbs...I do love you!!


Today I had the opportunity of eating lunch with some of my friends at work. We were sitting around the table laughing, eating and talking. Bre brought up an interesting point--she asked if we had ever thought how important our thumbs were in our everyday life. When she made that comment, we all tried to start using only our fingers and pretending that our thumbs did not exist. Do you know how difficult it is to not have thumbs? I tried picking up my drink---"tried" is the huge key. I could not pick up my drink. Then, I tried to pick up my sandwich--all the contents of my sandwich spilled all over my napkin. It was crazy. Guess what, Bre, I am in deed grateful for my thumbs.

When I went back to my desk, I tried typing at my computer without using my thumbs--I could not do it. Then, I went to the bathroom--no thumbs to un-do the buttons. Oh, I am so grateful for my thumbs. To my precious thumbs, I do love you so much!!!

2 comments:

¡Vieve! said...

I do appreciate my thumbs! Opening a Life Saver-now that was tricky!

Gerb said...

Without my thumbs I'm just signing "bull's horns" when I try to sign "I love you". BIG difference!