Wednesday, February 18, 2009

a new day...a new beginning...

Serving in the Stake Young Women’s presidency, I have had the opportunity of attending several New Beginnings. I love attending these functions. I am always excited to see what each ward places their focus or theme on for the evening. I have attended many that have created a spectacular night for their young women. On the other hand, I have attended many that are sweet and simple. I have found that we have young women leaders in our Stake that are truly focused on their young women and completely cater to their needs. Tonight, was no exception. I attended a New Beginnings that very simple but, a simple quote by their Bishop made me really start to ponder. He was telling the young women in his ward that every morning when we wake up–it is a New Beginning. He went on to tell them that we each have a special opportunity to leave yesterday behind us and begin each morning as it was a new beginning of life. He is correct!

A new day...a new beginning...why has it taken me this long in life to really have that thought hit my soul? I will admit that I worry constantly about things that happened yesterday, the day before yesterday and so on. Not only do I worry about yesterday, I seem to worry about all the tomorrows. I was thinking if every day is a new beginning then, why do I worry about the yesterdays and the tomorrows? So, my new goal is to start each new day as if it were a new beginning of life. This is going to be great–I can just feel it!!

Happy New Beginnings!

1 comment:

¡Vieve! said...

Yea! I hope this works well for you!