Sunday, February 8, 2009

a simple envelope...

I have been contemplating about something that happened to me today. Something that makes the deepest part of my heart ache. Those types of things that maybe if you could turn back time--not a lot of time, but maybe hit the rewind button for just a couple of hours and change the event or the thing that brings you sadness or pain--possibly the thought to even delete it--life could and would be different. I think that if we could do that, life would be a little more easier or a tad bit simpler.

I know of someone who after some sort of tirade will then say something to the affect of "rewind that" or "delete that last statement". Wouldn't it be easier if we could do such a thing? But, the thing is--we can't. We just can't. It is not possible. We can't take back things that we have said or in my case today--I can't take back what caused my heart to ache. It is there--it is planted. I wish it could happen, but it just can not.

So, after this little heart ache event, I found myself over at a friend's home. I was explaining to her what had just happened. She yelled upstairs to her sweet little daughter and said, "Michelle is having a bad day too." See, her little daughter had just gotten into trouble and was sent upstairs to her room. Seconds, yes, I mean, seconds passed and her daughter came running down the stairs and presented me with this....


It is a valentine. I am not sure if you can read it but, it says, "Michel Happy Valentines". In the the little box it reads "sorry if I spelled your name wrong it's sort of hard to spell for me." Plus, she added "Do not open till Valentines." Oh!! What an adorable little sweetheart!! I am grateful for this little girl in my life. She is so fun and so sweet. I guess, she had been working on this since she arrived home from church. Isn't it interesting that we can learn a lot from little children. Part of my heart was aching a little today--but, a piece of it is being healed by a sweet little friend. She had no clue how much this envelope would mean to a me today...she was just being herself. I can not wait until Valentines day to see what I have inside the envelope!! Thank you my little friend...you are truly a blessing in my life!!

2 comments:

¡Vieve! said...

Aw, that's sweet! I can't wait to hear what's in the envelope...

Ammie said...

sorry about your heart ache! I'm glad you had the sweet little girl come to the rescue!