Friday, February 20, 2009

favorite things friday...

One of my most favorite things is...
NEW SOCKS!!!

It is favorite things Friday and one of my most favorite things is NEW SOCKS!! Yes!! I love new socks especially, white socks. I am not much into the crazy type of socks--my favorite ones are just plain white. Of course, that does NOT reflect my personality--but, white socks for me is just dandy.

One of my favorite memories of growing up is that of new socks. Mom would always buy me new socks at the beginning of the school year, at Christmas time and then, at the beginning of the summer. Thanks Mom!!

There is just something about new socks that gets those little endorphins working. So, the other day, I decided to get those little endorphins working and purchased some new socks. (Guess what? They were not plain white. They were pink and white). I took off my old socks and then, put on my new socks. Oh, I was in heaven!!! I just love new socks!! I went to the gym and smiled at everyone. I bet everyone was thinking that I was glad to be at the gym but, they were wrong. I was smiling because I had on my new socks!!!



4 comments:

¡Vieve! said...

Socks is such a weird thing to be a favorite! Glad it's something simple that keeps you happy.

Maleen said...

I like wearing new socks because they are soft but as a general rule, I HATE SOCKS!
Only because I am so tired of all the mismatch ones. With four little girls, I have a huge bag of lost socks. I can't wait for flip-flop weather again.

Ammie said...

I agree with you! I Love new socks!

Gerb said...

White socks? To each her own, I guess... but if they make you happy I say: bring 'em on.