Monday, October 8, 2007

My new best friend...

For the past while, I have had my best friend staying with me. His name is Mr. Insomnia. He frequents quite regularly and keeps me up all hours of the night. No matter what I have tried, he never wants to leave. No matter how exhausted I am, he will not leave. He is just too crazy. Okay, maybe he is driving me completely crazy!! Did you know that there really is not a whole lot of stuff on television between the hours of midnight and 5:30 am? So, Mr. Insomnia and I have become really close. In fact, I found myself talking to him--yes, out loud. Oh, do you think that I am really going crazy?

There are a few things that I have found that I can NOT do in the middle of the night--first and for foremost--I can not run the vacuum cleaner--even though it does not seem loud--during the wee hours of the morning--it is loud. VERY LOUD. Which does not make people living with me very happy. Nor can you really do a lot of baking. No matter how quiet I am trying to be, I always seem to drop a pan or something that is equally loud. VERY LOUD. Oh, also, the timer on the stove--sounds as if the fire alarm is going off--int he middle of the night, VERY LOUD! Did you know that even the washer is loud in the middle of the night? VERY LOUD!!! Did you know that there are a lot of people driving on the road in the middle of the night? Even the cars are loud. Not as loud of the mishaps in my condo, but loud. I always wonder where the people driving those cars are going and what they are doing. Oh, do you know how many times, the tow truck goes up and down our lane--in the middle of the night? ALOT!!!


I have found that my love for reading has really brought a problem with keeping Mr. Insomnia from leaving. I admit strongly that when I find a good book, I am hooked. When I say hooked, I mean really hooked. When I start reading, I want to know what happens at the end. I never cheat and read the last part of the book. I have to read it all the way through. Usually, I have to set a timer next me and when the timer goes off, I have to remove the book from my sight. I have chosen to blame this on my sweet mother. I inherited my love for books from my her. Bless her heart. She is the one to blame for all of this. She is the one to blame when I can not put a book down and find that I have read all night long. But, she is the same way. If it has intrigued her just a tad bit, she is out of commission until it is finished. As you can see, she is all to blame.


So, instead of feeding Mr. Insomnia with a good book. I have found something equally addicting. That is Grey's Anatomy. My friend, Vieve, has introduced to me her friends-Meredith, McDreamy, McSteamy, Alex, Callie, George, Izzie, Dr. Bailey, the Chief, Addison, Kristine and all the others that create this addicting delicious show. Well, I can definitely say that I am 100% addicted. Being addicted to a television show is not like me. It is crazy. But, since I am joining the crazy side of life--I will admit that I am addicted. So, since Mr. Insomnia has been an active part in my life, I have watched Season 1, Season 2 and Season 3 numerous times. The endings never change, but my ideas for new endings are right inside my head. Okay, actually, I do know how many times I have watched the entire show, but that will be for me to know.


As for me, I am off to finish the last episode of Season 3 one more time....Okay, I am not proud of this new addiction, but it does help with the lack of entertainment at 2:00 in the morning. On the other hand, I do wish that I would be sleeping, but since I am not doing that...I am analyzing all of the different relationships that are happening on my television set. But, most of all--I hope you are getting a great nights sleep!

3 comments:

Cami said...

My sleeping problem is just the opposite. I am exhausted all day every day. I have to force myself to not take a nap while my girls are taking theirs. And I find it very hard to get out of bed and get going in the morning.

julie said...

yes he has visited me also, not all the time just when i need sleep the most. he is very persistent and comes out of the closet. I have found music movies he is bored with. in the middle of the night you need a special friend, too bad he does not know when to go home!!!

Maleen said...

I have the same reading problem, although I have never thought to blame it on my mother. All these years, and it is really her fault. I should call her right away and tell her.

Oh, and good luck with Twilight. That book actually has glue on the binding, so you can't put it down. At least, that is my story.