Tuesday, October 9, 2007

the most delicious apple ever!

On Saturday, I decided to do a little bit of grocery shopping at one of my favorite grocery stores. As I was perusing in the fruits and veggies department, a lady was handing out samples of apples. She was carrying around an apple and a sharp knife. While she was talking to people, she was just cutting off pieces of apple to eat. It was quite the interesting sight and a little bit entertaining. I kept thinking to myself, "is this sanitary and should I ask SAFE?" I tried, desperately, to stay away from her. But, everywhere I turned, she was right there. Kind of like a scary part in a movie. Okay, it wasn't that bad. Anyway, let me share a little tid bit about myself. I am not much of an apple eater. The reason for this is I do not like "mushy" things especially fruit. Another thing is that I do not like to spend money on "mushy" fruit or fruit that will turn mushy as soon as it is in the refrigerator. I really do not have good luck keeping fruits and veggies crisp.

Well, back to the lady handing out samples of apples. She had already approached me twice to taste her sample of goodness. I kind of felt like screaming-"Stranger Danger". Okay, not really, but she kept coming up to me to have a taste. Finally, I took one of her samples and let me tell you....it was so delicious!!! I had never tasted an apple so delicious. So, when I turned to ask her where these apples might be located--she had disappeared. But, over in the apple section, were thousands--okay, maybe not thousands-it could have been closer to 10 people --grabbing this most delectable treat. I knew that I needed to get my hands on those apples. So, I grabbed my shopping cart and tried to get closer, but I could not. Ladies were going crazy over them. Maybe they were like me, finally finding a delicious apple is worth the fight. These ladies were going crazy over these apples. Then, I decided the best thing to do is jump over the display and dive right into the apples. Do you really think that I would have done that? I really am not that crazy!!

I just waited in line and finally it was my turn to peruse the apples. I found 2 that looked so delicious. I placed them in my cart and headed to the check out line. Well, after paying what I did for these two apples, I really think that they were filled with gold. Okay, I am not sure what the price of apples are going at this day and age--remember, I usually do not purchase apples, but is $3.50 expensive for 2 apples? Anyway, no matter what the cost, these apples were delicious. I saved one for Sunday night--for a special treat and then ate the last one tonight. Oh, what would I do to have another one of them in my refrigerator waiting for another delicious treat night. Oh, I never thought that I would crave apples, but these apples are worth the craving!!!!

5 comments:

julie said...

Hi commercial lady, you are good.
Thousands of dollars are coming your way. I will fight for this apple, I can hardly wait to find a store that has them.

Gerb said...

Too many missing details!! What are the apples called? Where did you buy them? I am also a fan of nice, crisp, sweet, juicy apples.

And I need one now.

Chelle! said...

Gerb--the problem is--I have no clue what they were called. I did not pay much attention to that kind of detail. I purchased them at Macey's. They were in the section across from the lettuce--the second section of apples. That is all I know. SORRY!!!

The Grensters said...

Our dear Michelle, apples do not cost $3.50. After we read your blogs, we now have confirmed that you are definitely CRAZY!!!

Maleen said...

$3.50 for two apples? I feel like you must have walked into the future to find those apples because 1) they should never cost that much and 2)I also have never found a very tasty apple. Maybe in 50 years, they will be more tasty from all the radioactive waste they are growing in.