Thursday, October 18, 2007

In Loving Memory




Since I heard the news of Kerrie’s passing away, I have had a really dark rain cloud over my head. Well, today I attended her funeral with some dear friends, Maria and Kim. I knew that I would not make it through without shedding quite a few tears. I have had so many questions of why she had to be taken from her sweet husband and her 3 beautiful daughters. I am thankful for the peaceful feeling and the words that were spoken from the pulpit today. It is amazing how the Holy Ghost can comfort those who are in need of comfort. I am grateful for her sweet Bishop, Bishop Alder as he spoke of Kerrie. He, too, questioned why did this have to happen. He then remarked that we do not know why, we just need to proceed and continue with faith. Her sister, uncle and brother-in-law spoke of many cherished memories of Kerrie and the belief that all is in the Lord's hands.

After her husband dedicated the grave, we all witnessed a very sweet and tender moment. Trent took Madison and Ruby over to the casket and let them smell the flowers and then, pick a flower from off of their mother's casket. With tears streaming down our faces, we were able to witness a tender moment between this young father and his 2 sweet daughters. I am grateful for the belief and knowledge of the Plan of Salvation. I am grateful for the knowledge of the gospel of Jesus Christ.

4 comments:

Cami said...

Oh, Michelle. I am so sorry to hear of her passing as well. I didn't know her, but you speak so highly of her, I know she must have been a dear friend.

It is amazing how the Holy Ghost can comfort you during times when nothing else can. And Bishop Alder is right, we have to continue in faith when we don't know why things happen the way they do. Heavenly Father sees the big picture. He knows what He is doing, and somehow, things will get better. I love you!

Maleen said...

That is very touching. That story seems very close to home for me. I do not fear death, but I fear for the people I would leave behind. This sweet mother would obviously not have chosen this time to go, but there is a plan in all things. Our mortal task is to accept and continue on in faith.

julie said...

To those that mourn, we mourn with you, we know that life is a continuation not an end. We feel the loss here while others on the other side of the veil are rejoicing to have Kerrie back home. Her test is sufficient. May God bless.

Chelle! said...

Thanks Cami, Maleen and Julie!! Thanks for being such great examples to me!!